Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have to brag on my son!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM
  • 11 Replies

My son is almost 29 months old.  He's been in speech therapy for 7 months.  When he started, he had experienced a verbal regression and was only using 3 words, very sporadically, compared to 14 a few months prior.
Well, in the last 7 months, his vocabulary has grown to about 125 words, he's using his words to ask for what he wants EVERY time AND...today...he put together a 3 word sentence all by himself!
His daddy worked all night and this morning, while his daddy was sleeping, he came up to me and said, "Daddy all night."  I was so proud of him!

Amanda ~ Mommy to my little miracle Landon Joel
born 6 weeks too soon~6-21-07, former refluxer, multiple food allergies, verbal regression, and the coolest kid on the block.

Then                                           Now

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bubbbaNbabygirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:32 PM

way to go little man!!! :)

mommynoble
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:34 PM

Thats Awesome!way to go

ramzmomma
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:55 PM

Awsome!!!! Go little man!

two yr old bday ticker  

kendra251
by Bronze Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Way to go little man!!! I know how you feel a little bit, my yongest daughter didnt start walking or talking until 17 months old, now I cant keep up or make her be quite lol.

GabriellaM
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:57 PM

That is so awesome. Way to go!!

mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:58 PM

That is sooooo exciting!!!!!  Way to go little guy!!!! 

butterflyblu
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:39 AM

That is so wonderful!  My son has been in speech for about 2.5 months now.  He's made slow but steady progress.  The first time he used sign language I almost cried.  I thought he wasn't paying attention at all and I was wasting my time, but he really got it!  And he randomly uses words now and recognizes more and more objects.  He's still not quite where he should be for his age, but getting there for sure!

LittleMomma13
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM

cool beans!!

littlemama810
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:54 AM

That is so wonderful, congrats to him. I can't wait for my son to start talking. I'm trying to get him to use his words instead of whining for things. He has been saying num num when he wants to nurse and sometimes he says up when he wants me to pick him up. He's 15 months old BTW. :)

14 month milestone Pictures, Images and PhotosNO CIO Pictures, Images and Photosbaby wearing Pictures, Images and Photosi love my baby boy Pictures, Images and Photosaugust baby Pictures, Images and Photosworking mom Pictures, Images and Photoslove my husband Pictures, Images and Photosco sleeping Pictures, Images and PhotosRear facing blinkie 2 Pictures, Images and Photos
Mommyto3As
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:56 AM

way to go    you rock

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)