Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Silly question about war & war/combat zones

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:45 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was watching the Military channel earlier and this thought popped in my head. Okay, soldiers ship off to a war zone and I know they have orders where to go when they get there an such, but is it like in an area that is pretty populated with bad guys or something and start busting caps?? I know it sounds silly, but I'm trying to understand LOL. Also, when the soldiers touch down in foreign soil at the airport do they have to go thru customs as well and show passports and all that stuff? With that being said, couldn't the people at the airport alert the bad people that more soldiers are coming and to be prepared. It just seems like they would just infiltrate the place or something. It's been buggin me all day and I feel so stupid for even asking this hahahaha.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
SusanD
by Gold Member on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Usually no...for example, currently when soldiers are deploying to Iraq they fly into Kuwait and they in-process there and acclimatizethere. After that they either convoy into their area of operations or they fly into a US controlled airport that is in a US controlled area of the country. When you start off with an initial invasion then they usually fly into a surrounding country that is US friendly. From there we set up and strategically enter the country.

cmb121906
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Quoting SusanD:

Usually no...for example, currently when soldiers are deploying to Iraq they fly into Kuwait and they in-process there and acclimatizethere. After that they either convoy into their area of operations or they fly into a US controlled airport that is in a US controlled area of the country. When you start off with an initial invasion then they usually fly into a surrounding country that is US friendly. From there we set up and strategically enter the country.

Thanks hahaha. I knew it was much more simple than that and I even knew that. Guess I was just thinking too much into it LOL

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

rella8672
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM

Quoting SusanD:

True,but they do go through a customs type search of the bags they have with them.My husband took a French Press (it's to make coffee) and they almost confiscated it,because they couldn't figure out what it was..lol

butterflyblu
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:34 AM

It's a very controlled situation.  They don't just drop them off in the middle of a hostile environment.  The US military has established bases in many areas and they fly military aircraft in and out of those places so soldiers go to a main base area and are briefed on current mission and threat level.  Then they gradually go to wherever they are supposed to go and go on various missions specific to that unit.   But yes, they typically stop in a US friendly country on the way there such as Kuwait.   The US military has it's own airports and they have flight schedules that vary so much it would be hard for the enemy to do much.  Plus the areas where the airports are are highly fortified and they have intelligence and security specifically to combat those issues.  Not that something cannot happen, but it's rare.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)