Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Listen ladies!Edit!

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:49 PM
  • 34 Replies

Ok. Toys for Tots is about to start up. PRETTY PLEASE. donate a toy. It would mean so much to not only those children, but my dh. LOL

he does the whole season. And it breaks his heart to watch the amount of donations slowly go down.

And really. Walmart *where they are most of the time* has great deals on little cheap toys. Like $5, and they specifically price them that low FOR the cause most of the time. I have seen them go through a day or two beforehand and LOWER prices so that people can donate.

and is $5 going to put you out THAT bad?

and please, dont forget the older kids! usually they get toys for younger children.

For those who needed the website =]

http://www.toysfortots.org/

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NessaLovesEmma
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM

Sure thing ;)

raegansmom
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:50 PM

I donate to Toys 4 Tots, United Way & give to our local mission regularly.  I think I'm covered in the good will toward men dept.

GabriellaM
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:51 PM

We're planning to donate. i think Toys for Tots is a great charity.

USMCBride08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:51 PM

yay!!!!

Quoting raegansmom:

I donate to Toys 4 Tots, United Way & give to our local mission regularly.  I think I'm covered in the good will toward men dept.

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

ArmyWife0927
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:52 PM

I love Toys for Tots:) They help put so many children.

rella8672
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:57 PM

Thanks for posting this.I am really active with the Toys for Tots program through my husband's squadron.I would like to add something, if you don't mind.We get more donations for babies and toddlers than we do for older kids,so when you are looking for something to donate,maybe consider something that would be more for an older child/tween.This year the demand for toys is huge,so everything little thing helps!!!! Thanks!!

combatbootsandflipflops.jpg Marine Wife image by marinewife050414            

ramzmomma
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:58 PM

Me and DH decided this year we were going to take a few kids off the xmas tree they have in walmart and buy them something...

two yr old bday ticker  

USMCBride08
by on Nov. 16, 2009 at 11:59 PM

Are you sure its ToT? and not the salvation army?

usually they just have boxes for toys

Quoting ramzmomma:

Me and DH decided this year we were going to take a few kids off the xmas tree they have in walmart and buy them something...

USMCBride08
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:00 AM

oh yeah! i totally forgot that LOL

do donate for older kiddos too!!

Quoting rella8672:

Thanks for posting this.I am really active with the Toys for Tots program through my husband's squadron.I would like to add something, if you don't mind.We get more donations for babies and toddlers than we do for older kids,so when you are looking for something to donate,maybe consider something that would be more for an older child/tween.This year the demand for toys is huge,so everything little thing helps!!!! Thanks!!

raegansmom
by on Nov. 17, 2009 at 12:00 AM

I just re-read what I wrote & it comes off snotty.  I did not mean for it to, sorry.  Sometimes my sarcasm goes a bit overboard.  I was actually sincere-and we donate all year long (to United Way & the local mission that is)  Okay, I'm off to bed now!

Quoting USMCBride08:

yay!!!!

Quoting raegansmom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)