Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Black Friday really THAT dangerous?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:45 AM
  • 40 Replies

What do you all think?

in my city a lady got killed at walmart when everyone trampled over here

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:46 AM

its not like that here .. last year where the portable dvd players were there were like 4 guys (didnt work there) who was handing them to the people , and the people were passing them back ... the guys towered over everyone i think thats why they did it lol

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/2008-2009-photo-and-video

mommybug77
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:46 AM

I have NEVER had a problem & I went when 8 months pregnant. I never so much as been pushed & I live in a major city. I also would not go to Walmart if you paid me.

YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:47 AM

really ? wow... lol why

Quoting mommybug77:

I have NEVER had a problem & I went when 8 months pregnant. I never so much as been pushed & I live in a major city. I also would not go to Walmart if you paid me.

YoungMommy182
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:48 AM

lol i wish it were like that here. this is the first year im going

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

its not like that here .. last year where the portable dvd players were there were like 4 guys (didnt work there) who was handing them to the people , and the people were passing them back ... the guys towered over everyone i think thats why they did it lol

ILive4This
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:49 AM

People are nuts.  I've never gone shopping on black Friday...and I never will.  I don't care if they're giving stuff away.

tha-hawt-mommie

our walmarts only crowded for electronics ... period ... and we have enough flat screens and the one ryne wants they dont have and we arent getting until we move ... the cameras the'll have on sale are butt and we're just going to wait til the next day and get me the kodak ive been wanting (399.00  - y isnt it on sale!? lol)

Quoting mommybug77:

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!

lvnmylif

I have never even experienced unruly shoppers.  Everyone I have run into is happy to be getting good deals and patient.  If there was a crowd getting frustrated and out of control I would simply leave that location and move on to the next store.

mommybug77
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:50 AM

I find the people to be rude & obnoxious. We also do not have any in my city because they are non union. The one time I tried to go the people acted like asses & as if they were going to die if they could not get something. Nothing is worth it to me to deal with that junk.

Quoting YoungMommy182:

really ? wow... lol why

Quoting mommybug77:

tha-hawt-mommie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:51 AM

we werent getting one , but we were in the baby asile (i was pregnant) and he was talking to a friend , and he wanted to see how 'crazy' people get ... a few ppl ran away after they got theirs ... i cant remember what time we got to walmart , but like a half hour later is when they cut the plastic open to start grabbin shit ... i sat on a shelf (yes a shelf) and watched and laughed.

Quoting YoungMommy182:

lol i wish it were like that here. this is the first year im going

Quoting tha-hawt-mommie:

smarshy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:52 AM

In IA... Not so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)