Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do you raise your child(ren)

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:54 AM
  • 3 Replies

ok ladies i have alot of bs going on between me and my mother about how i am raising my son. kevin is 19 months old with a cognitive skill level of about 19 moths old he also has sid ( sensory integration disorder) so i have my hands full all the time. my son still eats baby food when hes having a bad day with his oral skills. he still takes a bottle most of the time but he will take a cup on occasion. my mom doesent understand that hes not like other kids his own age. she forces the cup on him when me and my husband arent around ( which is an extreme rarity since my daddy died. long story) she makes me feel as if i am incapable of  raising my children because i didnt jerk the bottle from my children at 10 months.

she also has a big issue with me disciplining my children. i do on occasion spank then but only after everything else fails to produce any results.

my son is just g3tting over bronchitis and my mother will have it no other way but he got bronchitus because me and my hubby smoke. let me explain how we smoke. we do not smoke in the house or the cars even when hes not in them. i even wear a shirt specifically when  im smoking and change it before picking him up. i was curious if anyone had any scientific proof on the amount of exposure of smoke that my son gets causing respritory issues? if you find any please pm me the link i would greatly appreciate it.

a couple of questions:

1. how do you discipline your child and why?

2. when did you break your children from the bottle and how did you do it?

any advice on how to handel this situation is appreciated. 

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:59 AM

**i tell them 'no' ... than if it continues ; time out ... thats how i would like to do it. i was never disciplined - i wasnt a bad child either , i just never got smacked , never told no , nothing ... and i want to be a bit different

**mike - 5 months .. harmoni - 5 1/2 ...
Mike: i told him big boys drink out of cuppies and gave him one w/ water in it and left him play w/ it , w/i an hour he had it gone

harmoni: i had bought 4 , and didnt bring a bottle that d
ay by accident , so we used that , she cried for 5 minutes than ended up takeing it

ashleyrenee24
by Ashley on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Honestly, my 2 year old doesn't do much to deserve disciplining (she's special needs).

My kids were never on the bottle...They were breastfed and I let them self wean

any advice on how to handel this situation is appreciated. 

Sry... I have no advice...I'm not good at giving advice.

ToshaCooper
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:20 AM

Discipline:

Hailey (5yrs old)- is ODD and ADHD so I have a hell of a time with her. She doesn't listen, back talks, thinks she's the boss, won't pay attention. She's in Kindergarden and she's almost got kicked off of the bus and paddled for fighting, standing up in the seat on the bus, not listening to the bus driver.

She fights back with me when she's in trouble, she'll throw things (big toys) at my head when I send her to her room. When I discipline her she either gets grounded from tv, toys, going fun places, in the corner, sit on her bed, and/or spanking...just depends on how bad and what she did.

We had to put her on medicine because she was so out of control. And she has been this way since she could walk and talk (no joke)...she got kicked out of every daycare in town and I had to put her in an in home daycare.

Carly (10months)- we will pop her hand or her butt if she's doing sumthing bad such as touching the heater.

Bottle breaking:

Hailey- I finally got her off of the bottle at 10months. She did just fine with it.

Carly- Is a different story...she's still on a bottle but she takes one at night or she WILL NOT go to sleep. She eats baby food and sum table foods.

Good luck my friend! I think your are doing a great job. Just keep your head up and don't let her or anyone else get you down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)