Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you serious only two

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:25 AM
  • 19 Replies

So tonight was my baby shower and only two of the thirty people friends and family I invited showed up. My co worker and my mom are the only ones that showed up. Thanks goodness the lady that planned this had people from my ward (i only knew a few of them by the way) showed up. for a total of 10 people showing up.

I guess I really feel like I have no friends. O well none of my family showed either, that makes it just worse.

Especially my mother in law and sister in laws that hurts the most.

maybe it is hormones but maybe not but maybe no one cares about me anymore. I can't even get excited about having a baby, I have no one to get excited with me but my husband and even then I don't think he is that excited either because I am not.   

Thanks for being  my imaginary shoulder to cry on

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheSinFamily
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:26 AM

aww... that really sucks. .. I would be bummed too.

hugs

ToraMay
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:27 AM

Im sorry girl.. that seriously sucks. Most of the people I invited for my shower didn't show either. If it werent for the fact that I had husbands and kids at my shower, I would've only had like 3-4 people show.

The next time you see them, puke on them and blame it on morning sickness with the baby. 

Cherish77
by Cherish on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:27 AM

hugs

mommy2zach
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Awwww  (((HUGS))) to you!! I would be devastated as well! How horrible for people to not even call you and at least tell you they aren't coming!!!  I'm so sorry, but don't let this get you down! You have a little body growing inside your tummy....a great miracle! Embrace it and BE HAPPY!!  Dammit!  lol  j/k

I would call everyone and say "Thanks for NOT showing up...assholes!!!"  

randi1978
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:28 AM

I'm sorry.  That totally blows. 

hugging

AlexisPaigesMom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:29 AM

It just tells you who does care; focus on that :)

lbdm2002
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:32 AM

aww..i'm sorry mama!

I can totally relate.  2 of my "good friends" offered to throw a shower for me when I was pg.  I ended up buying all the decorations, party favors, game prizes..I wrote up all the invites and sent them out, I planned all the games.  I was so aggrivated..and of the 25 people that RSVP'd that they would be there, only 5 showed up..but one brought a friend of hers that I had never met.  So yeah..I had a flop of a baby shower as well!

chair.r13
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:34 AM

I'm sorry Mommy! I'm sure it isn't that they don't care, some were busy and some people just don't like things like that. It was really insensitive of them though.

I'm one of those people who don't like to go to showers. They are just awkward for me, I would've have skipped mine if given the choice. I still always go though for exactly this reason: expecting mommas deserve to have their special day.

As soon as you look into that littly angels face all of this will melt away, your heart will be as full as it can get! And hubby to! My DH is the least emotional man on the planet and he cried when DS was born ;-)

Is this your first? Boy or girl? When are you due?

iwanttostayhome
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:35 AM

i am serious I have 73 days to go and i havent had any time to get excited I have been forced to run a store and take care of a manager with cancer and not give a crap about me having to work 3 peoples positions and get no credit no thanks no are you doing ok, they don't care that i am not supposed to be lifting heavy things but yet I have to put everything in its place and the only time I remember that I am pregnant is when I get kicked by him, or at a doctors appointment but I still can't even get excited, I had to keep the pregnancy quiet for 4 months because of manager having cancer because it would be to much for the owners to handle, words right out of GM mouth kid you not.

and since then holding fundraisers for him raising money for him and helping him out, i just don't even feel pregnant until that kick.

I don't know. who cares i guess in 73 days it will kick in.

iwanttostayhome
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:36 AM

Third and this is my first baby shower, never got one with either daughter or son before so I was excited that someone one person cared enough to give me one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)