Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

were you popular in high school?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:07 AM
  • 35 Replies

Poll

Question: were you popular in high school?

Options:

yes

no

somewhere in the middle

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 62

View Results

i was watching the tyra show today and it was about popular and unpopular high school girls. i was somewhere in the middle because i had friends that were in the popular crowd and i was also friends with really unpopular people. how about you?
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Birdsong2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:10 AM

I was somewhere in the middle.  I played varsity softball but wasn't really considered a jock.  I was painfully shy. 

A few years later I took Tae Kwon Do and I came out of my shell real fast.  If only I had that kind of self esteem in high school.

jiffypop2207
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:11 AM

nope, i was 'hey you' or 'smart girl' in highschool, noone really knew me but i did have a few friends

Mesha125
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:12 AM

I said somewhere in the middle. I was friends with both as well, and a cheerleader. But our school was so small, that you KNEW everyone, and everyone generally got along. There was a few people that were really unpopular and got stuff thrown at them.  :( 

Littles1921
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:16 AM

NOPE!!!  I was a super nerdy sports' geek!!  I ate lunch with the PE teacher so I wouldn't have to eat lunch alone in the cafeteria! LOL!!   I had to pay the kid I grew up with to take me to Sr. Prom.......  just to say I went to prom!   

What is the polar opposite of "popular"?? That was me!!  :)

liddellmama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:16 AM

I was a bad girl in high school. :)

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
bablondie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:20 AM

I had my group of friends and was friendly to everybody, but HELL NO I WOULDN'T SELL MY SOUL to become a popular snob. You have to do things like snub people, buy only rich-kid type clothes, and CONFORM to a certain lifestyle and "group' and so on. I don't think so!

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

Mesha125
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:23 AM

Quoting bablondie:

I had my group of friends and was friendly to everybody, but HELL NO I WOULDN'T SELL MY SOUL to become a popular snob. You have to do things like snub people, buy only rich-kid type clothes, and CONFORM to a certain lifestyle and "group' and so on. I don't think so!

that was the greatest thing about a small school. No one cared about 'brands'. A few but not many. Shit a few of the kids that had to work on family farms after school drove their tractors to school sometimes. No one even did a double take in the parking lot. no joke! lol

MadameReeseCup
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:23 AM

Me too...

Quoting liddellmama:

I was a bad girl in high school. :)

"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in
primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe
that loving is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing. I believe
that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is
another day and I believe in miracles." ~Audrey Hepburn

bablondie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:26 AM

Lol. The opportunity for me to be cheerleader prom queen popular was there, but I had a conscience and morals and so I had a group of awesome friends, in high school we went dancing every Saturday night at an 18 and older club in the big city. It kept us fit, we'd dance for hours and hours and hours, all night long! Plus I was a violinist, that nerded me up a bit. LOL.

Funny, I was like chubby nice girl, but only with 3 friends maybe in Elementary school, moved and went to a new school in 5th grade and suddenly I was hot stuff. I lost my weight and became a super athlete in Middle school and straight A's and got some fashio sense and it was like night a day from elementary school to middle school So funny.

Quoting Mesha125:

Quoting bablondie:

that was the greatest thing about a small school. No one cared about 'brands'. A few but not many. Shit a few of the kids that had to work on family farms after school drove their tractors to school sometimes. No one even did a double take in the parking lot. no joke! lol

mommibee
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:31 AM

I still have nightmares about being stuck in high school.  I hated it!!!  My school was full of snobs.....Never understood why since the town we lived in was so small, not even close to a big city.  Many girls were labeled as popular for the brand of clothes they wore.  So my senior year of school, out of protest or just plain teenage angst, I would only wear clothes from a second hand store....the more holes the better....Ironically grunge was in at the time so in a way my flannels full of holes were in style.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)