Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice...kind of long

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:10 AM
  • 5 Replies

my husband expressed a lot of interest in getting his cdl cuz eventually he would like to work for the dot, right now he works in the warehouse at a trucking company. he would like to go to a school and pay for training which we have no money to do so, (i am a sahm)  i have said to him time and time again to go through his job, which would pay him and train him at the same time. plus in order to work for the dot he needs 2 yrs experience, if he goes with his job training, they require him to stay with the company for 2 yrs, and in the mean time we wont lose our insurance and he'll almost be doubling his salary. for some reason, which he will not share with me, he will not go through his company. and now he's starting to back off this whole idea of getting his cdl which just 3 months ago he couldnt stop talking about. so i need advice, i know he wants his cdl, he has a tendancy to be lazy and procrastanate. how do i push him to do this w/o pissing him off. please no bashing, i'm trying to better all of our lives here, not force my husband to do something he doesnt want to. it's more like he's scared. he has worked there for 8 years.

MOTHER TO MADDOX SYLAR

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
hautemama83
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:15 AM

Maybe before deciding how you can "push" him into doing something, you should try and get to the bottom of why he is being reluctant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

queeniceone
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:17 AM

Quoting hautemama83:

Maybe before deciding how you can "push" him into doing something, you should try and get to the bottom of why he is being reluctant.

i have tried and tried and tried, he just keeps giving me different lame excuses, i'm at my wits end, i just dont know what to say to him anymore about this

hautemama83
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:20 AM

Quoting queeniceone:

Quoting hautemama83:

i have tried and tried and tried, he just keeps giving me different lame excuses, i'm at my wits end, i just dont know what to say to him anymore about this

The only thing I can suggest then, is to try switching up your approach. IDK how you ask him about it, but maybe try approaching him like you want to know what wrong with him and why he won't go for it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pocketmouse
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:39 AM

Well, I had to pretty much apply to college for him, and there were a lot of screaming fights where I was telling him that he needed to stop procrastinating and get his a$$ in gear. So, I don't know how to do it without pissing him off, but I would just tell him that you are there to support him, and you really like the idea of him getting his cdl, it would really make you proud if he went for it. And I'd tell him that going through his company is the only way that you can forsee this happening.

Just make sure to tell him that you're excited about his discission and that you back him up 100%, and you have to show that you do as well. I know my DH is going to school full time and working full time right now, and I had to quit my job because of the stress me and him working full time put us under. (Even though I HATE being at home all day).

Good luck Mama!

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Have you asked him if there is anything in his job prohibiting him from going through them.. like a supervisor who doesn't like him, or anything like that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)