Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would it be too much to ask!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:42 AM
  • 6 Replies

So yesterday my daughter comes home from school and gives me a note saying, that a little boy was approached by a lone man who attempted to detain him on his way back to school after lunch, luckily the boy ran hid until the man left and then ran to the school, They go on in the letter saying the police were called and they and the teachers have a description of the male.....Now I am thinking, Why don't we? as Parents as people who live in the community in the area why wasn't there a description of the man sent home with our kids so we can watch also, for I know this man could be my neighbor. As of right now I don't know if he has been caught, I called my daughters teacher and she said that she couldn't give out that information...WTF???? So today i am going to the principle to ask for it.

Do you think that it should be a givin if this happened at your child school, in your area, that the school should give out this information to parents?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
LovinMy2Girlz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:44 AM

OH my gosh! I most definately would want a description of the man.. Like you said.. he could be a neighbor or even someone you know.. and you'd think.. the more people aware, the easier he would get caught, and dealt with!!

DaZeY22
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:49 AM

Quoting LovinMy2Girlz:

OH my gosh! I most definately would want a description of the man.. Like you said.. he could be a neighbor or even someone you know.. and you'd think.. the more people aware, the easier he would get caught, and dealt with!!

That's what I was thinking, the teachers don't even live in the area, they go home when school ends, so there only there 5 days a week till 4:00, he would probably get found lot quicker if they had the communities help, i thought that would be common sense to them

connietrrll
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:05 AM

No because it will cause people to be more paranoid. If it was a child that was approached, he could give the description of old with grey hair. That could be your neighbor, or mine. He could of said that the man was skinny and grey hair. That would describe half my neighborhood.

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:09 AM

If you want a description...go to the police station and ask them. The school is not authorized to hand out that information.

DaZeY22
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:13 AM

Quoting connietrrll:

No because it will cause people to be more paranoid. If it was a child that was approached, he could give the description of old with grey hair. That could be your neighbor, or mine. He could of said that the man was skinny and grey hair. That would describe half my neighborhood.

I understand that... but I would rather be  watching every old guy with grey hair then risk something happening to one of my children or some1 elses, I believe this child was in a older grade like grade 5 or 6, but i was meaning for, what kind of coat was he wearing, what does he drive, did he have a vehicle or was he on foot...those types of questions...its like here if he said native man between the age of 30 - 50 well thats my whole damn neighbor hood lol, i mean stuff that will stick out to people.

Trisha-Faye
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:14 AM

this.

Quoting imthatgirl728:

If you want a description...go to the police station and ask them. The school is not authorized to hand out that information.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)