Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Ideas?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:55 AM
  • 16 Replies

My son's 1st birthday is in one month, and I still have no idea what to do for a theme. I want to do something that everyone can get in on. For instance, my brother and his wife did a football theme for their son, and had everyone wear attire from their favorite NFL Team. I would love to do something like that. I've done internet searches to look for ideas, and nothing seems too impressive. What did you do for your kids? Any ideas I could steal?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom_2_be2008
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I had a princess theme for my dd's birthday party but we didn't have anyone dress up or anything... we just had princess decorations/cake/balloons... mostly because it was one of a few options at Party City! LOL

mommasbabies77
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM
Well, I have no good ideas as I have never really done any birthday parties for my kids and the ones that I did have were for my girls. My son cannot handle the excitement of a party. I can't think of a thing to help but here's a bump for you. GL and I hope you have fun. Happy Birthday to your son.

Jadegirl1819
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM

Does he like cars?  Race cars?  Nascar stuff.

Cowboy theme. Dress up as cowboys/cowgirls.  

mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:46 AM

I had the HARDEST time deciding on a theme for my son's first birthday lol.  We were looking at pics of cakes and saw a sesame street one that I fell in love with lol so that was what his theme was.  We bought everything plates, cups, table cloth, decorations, invitations in the sesame street theme.  We found a lot of it at the dollar store.  Good luck!!!

Turkeysmom
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM

What about picking a color like blue or green and basing everything around that color.  The balloons, the deocrations, the cake and some of the food.  Then you could have everybody where something that color.

neenerashley
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:49 AM

My brother did Pirates. all the kids dressed up like them. He might be a little young for that.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

mammafox
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM

My nephew had a pirate theme.  Everyone wore bandanas that had pirate skulls on them.

Kaibutsu

My sons 1st birthday theme was pirates. Everyone got bandanas and toy parrots at the door :) his cake was a pirate ship it was alot of fun :)

JvilleMom125

hmm for my first son we did baby enstine, just the decorations, cake thats it... with the second we did spongebob and patrick off of spongebob because my LO name is patrick... same only decorations and the cake... 

V.L.S
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:51 AM

i did dora for my little girl first b-day

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)