Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Christians........do you think this is right?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:46 AM
  • 3 Replies

K, now I know a lot of christians don't believe HPor Twighlight is right in God's eyes. As a christain, I watch them/read them. I love the stories. As does my cousin.

Yesterday I was on Myspace and saw that my cousin's dad had put a new status up and a girl had commented on it. Now the girl's profile pic was.....different. She has long dark hair, she was peeking out of the pic, she had made the pic red, but that was it. I thought at first glance, "cool, thats artistic"(I see everything from a photographers stand point)

Well, I look back at the comments and he has stated that her pic is very demonic and he is removing it from his site. He just recently got saved and runs a promotional company that promotes bands and concerts. His daughter, my cousin, went on to preach at this girl about what is deemed Godly, sinful and such. Now, I got irritated. To me, they need to get off their high horses. I am a christain, devout. God is the FIRST priority in my life. But this crap they do, its very hypocritical and makes ppl mad. And it turns ppl away from God. There is a difference between Preaching AT and witnessing TO. They preach AT.

And 2, (and I reminded her of this) like I said before, alot of christains could call her out on watching HP and Twighlight. Its deemed Ungodly by alot of christians......

I just got very irritated with her. I am on my last thread with her before I go off on her.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mamabeth4180
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:53 AM

i totally agree with you. Especially about the part saying that Christians who preach at people, and preach too much turn people away from God. I worked for a man (he owned a 7 eleven) and he was a very Godly man, andi  totally respected him for his faith, BUT he would preach to random customers, and literally scare them off. I can only imagine if he was scaring them out of the store, he was probably also scaring them away form God as well.

It is funny you should mention the art thing, because i believe in God, i also do photography, and some of my art would probably also be looked at as "demonic" or "evil" but art is so subjective, you never know where the inspiration came from, so that in and of itself was horribly judgmental and wrong of your uncle. He has no idea what that picture meant. That makes me sad. :(

photoqueen240
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:00 AM

To me, there is a BIG difference between witnessing to and preaching at.

To witness to someone, you do it at a time when it has a bigger impact, you talk about God's love, his sacrifice, his forgiveness

But them, they Preach at totally innapropriate times, they tell ppl about how "UnGodly" or Sinful their lifestyle is and they need to change their life and all that crap. THAT turns non believers against God and christianity as a whole. And it irritates me to no end! Now, I will admit I am guilty of this on some occasions. When its about a topic I'm passionate about I just go off....and then wanna kick my own rear. lol

I just thought it was very wrong of them to do that. They aren't the perfect christians. No one is. But they sure do act as if they are.......

supertech210
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I am a Christian and I LOVE the Twilight series! I am going to see New Moon tomorrow and can't wait!  Anyway, I don't think its wrong, its not real and its not something I believe in. It's a piece of fiction that I enjoy reading. As far as witnessing, I read once that God wants spiritual fruits not religous nuts!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)