Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vent about ds's school. ( language)

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:59 AM
  • 18 Replies

i had a meeting with the school today about my son's progress. I have taken them all the medical papers they need and I had a meeting today and i had to canel because something came up. I didnt think it was a big deal because THEY CANCELED on me twice for this meeting already, so i called to have the meeting set for another day and they had the nerve to give me shit about it? WTF.  they are getting me SO SICK and tired of all the bullshit. they really think that parents have nothing better to do but sit at home and be at there beck and call and im sorry but life doesnt work that way. I am there EVERYDAY. any event or whatever i am the first parent there.... I went as  far as  to quit my job with Social Services to be able to attend to my kids education full time.... WTF!

sorry ladies but as you might have seen before this is not the first issue that I have had with the school and I am getting alittle tired of there shit. I like to think I am a damm good mommy and I refuse to let them make me feel like otherwise....

Photobucket

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenieceMojica
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:06 AM

bump...anyone? 

Photobucket

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:08 AM

bump

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:09 AM

Just curious...if you quit your job to be there for your son's education....what meeting was more important? Just bc they have cancelled doesn't mean it's ok for you to. This is about your child, I would make sure I was there for a meeting I knew about well in advance.

JenieceMojica
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:13 AM

my daughter is 2 and cant drink cow milk, she is allergic and she drank some of my son'd milk and is bloated like a blow fish and I had to medicate her... what was i suppose to do? hubby is at work and I was home alone with both kids....i didnt blow off the meeting just to eat crap.... it was a serious issue.

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

Just curious...if you quit your job to be there for your son's education....what meeting was more important? Just bc they have cancelled doesn't mean it's ok for you to. This is about your child, I would make sure I was there for a meeting I knew about well in advance.

Photobucket

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I read it wrong, my bad. I thought it said you had another meeting you had to go to today.

Quoting JenieceMojica:

my daughter is 2 and cant drink cow milk, she is allergic and she drank some of my son'd milk and is bloated like a blow fish and I had to medicate her... what was i suppose to do? hubby is at work and I was home alone with both kids....i didnt blow off the meeting just to eat crap.... it was a serious issue.

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

abbysmommy429
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Sorry that happened, but you do have to remember that they have to worry about hundreds of students, while you are concerned for the welfare of one.

CafeMom Tickers
JenieceMojica
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:26 AM

and i 100% agree but I dont think they should get upset because I had an emergancy...they expect the parents to drop everything they are doing to attend to there time shift and I try the best I can but as you know having kids sometimes things just come up... and the school doesnt really understand that...kwim?

Quoting abbysmommy429:

Sorry that happened, but you do have to remember that they have to worry about hundreds of students, while you are concerned for the welfare of one.

Photobucket

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM

I don't consider a scheduled meeting you knew about as them expecting you to "drop everything".

Quoting JenieceMojica:

and i 100% agree but I dont think they should get upset because I had an emergancy...they expect the parents to drop everything they are doing to attend to there time shift and I try the best I can but as you know having kids sometimes things just come up... and the school doesnt really understand that...kwim?

Quoting abbysmommy429:

JenieceMojica
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:41 AM

they canceled on me twice before i found out about the meeting yesterday morning. the original meeting was suppose to be over a month ago.

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

I don't consider a scheduled meeting you knew about as them expecting you to "drop everything".

Quoting JenieceMojica:

Quoting abbysmommy429:

Photobucket

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:57 AM

Have they given reasons for cancelling?

Quoting JenieceMojica:

they canceled on me twice before i found out about the meeting yesterday morning. the original meeting was suppose to be over a month ago.

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

Quoting JenieceMojica:

Quoting abbysmommy429:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)