Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hand, foot, and mouth disease :/

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM
  • 7 Replies

For the last day or 2 DD hasn't really been herself.  Today, she woke up with little blisters all over her butt, a couple on her feet, a couple on her hands, and several in her mouth.  

At least it's not chickenpox.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
adri_nevarez
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Hands. foot & mouth SUCKS!  IMO Chicken pox was much easier to deal with.  My daughters blisters in her mouth turned to ulcers and lasted over 2 weeks!  I hope your LO  gets better! 

mrsmoore02
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:23 AM

DS had it when he was 2 also.  I'm just hoping this is the shorter version and not the long one.

Quoting adri_nevarez:

Hands. foot & mouth SUCKS!  IMO Chicken pox was much easier to deal with.  My daughters blisters in her mouth turned to ulcers and lasted over 2 weeks!  I hope your LO  gets better! 

chjack123
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Those crazy childhood illnesses! When my DD had that it looked like she was slapped across the face. Then pretty soon everyone in her preschool had been "slapped" too. Good thing it's relatively harmless. You're not pregnant right now are you?

mrsmoore02
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Oh god no!!  LOL!!  No more babies ***crosses fingers and starts the no-more-babies dance*** 

Quoting chjack123:

Those crazy childhood illnesses! When my DD had that it looked like she was slapped across the face. Then pretty soon everyone in her preschool had been "slapped" too. Good thing it's relatively harmless. You're not pregnant right now are you?

matofour
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:29 AM

Oh my gosh I SO agree, I would take chicken pox any day over hand foot and mouth!  We have had both, and chicken pox was FAR easier!

Go buy genetian violet, I actually found some at the walmart pharmacy.  Use a qtip to swab your kids mouths.  Be warned it will turn EVERYTHING that comes in contact with it bring purple (including the mouth), but it makes a world of difference.  My oldest 3 had it at the same time, and we did this for them, and it made such a big difference in how they felt.

Quoting adri_nevarez:

mandi1082
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:31 AM

That is the worst. I have never heard of it until my 3 year old got it last year. It took about 2 weeks for her to get back to her normal self and she was so miserable day and night. The crazy thing is that my husband got it too. So even though they call it a childhood disease adults better watch out because you can also get it. Its very rare but my husband was very unlucky last year. P.S.( I think he was worst then my 3 year old)

mandi1082/myspace.com

Amanda Perry

chjack123
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Quoting mrsmoore02:

Oh god no!!  LOL!!  No more babies ***crosses fingers and starts the no-more-babies dance*** 

Quoting chjack123:

LOL! Wow, I'm surprised at how many kids seem to have a problem with it. Mine were just a little extra tired and then the bright red rash came, but it didn't bother them too much. I guess I'm lucky!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)