Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal? Pregnancy and pain related..

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM
  • 3 Replies

I'm 7 weeks 4 days right now.  Sometime yesterday afternoon/evening I started getting these sharp pains in my lower abdomen, like right above where my left leg meets the rest of me (lol), but down towards my "area" a little more.  The pain doesn't last very long, maybe 10-20 seconds, but it's every 5-15 minutes.  I want to say it's just round ligament pain/"growing" pains, but I don't remember having them this early with my DS.  What do you ladies think?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
meganjjones
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:41 AM

I had it this time around too.  And it was at about that same time.  I remembering thinking the same thing.  It did eventually go away.  I'm now on to the pains of being so big I can hardly move and wanting this baby to born already.  Good luck!

CafeMom Tickers
Hisservent
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:42 AM

it's probably just stretching pains. Did you have a c-section with your first? I did and sometimes I feel pain in my lower abdomen.  When I was 19 weeks with my son, I had these really bad pains that made me think I was going into preterm labor. i was freaking out. So I went to the ER, turns out it was just round ligament pain from my uterus rising above my pelvis. At 7 weeks, it doesn't move up yet so it's not that for you. Its probably just growing pains. Ur more sensitive the 2nd time around.

I'm 10w3d with baby #2 and I am experiencing a lot of cramps and pressure. Way more than my first pregnancy. A little more pain on my left side, especially when I sneeze and lay down. But I did have a c-section and I wonder if it's the tissue inside.

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord! I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christian, choir singin, recyclin, natural products usin, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, CIO method usin, soy milk drinkin, organic milk givin, coffee drinkin, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burnin, as Green as I can get, Preg. w/ #2, WAHM.

mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM

I had those too.  I think they are just round ligament pains not "just" cuz they aren't comfortable but you know what I mean lol.  You can use a heat pad on low.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)