Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For the ones that are done xmas shopoing...actually were done back in march????

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM
  • 16 Replies

I read all the time...I was dne with my shopping in March..or I just read one that said they were done in January...

What aboutt he new items that come out between now and then? Like a video game or doll that your child really wants? How do you know what they wanted a year ago will still be something they will want today?

Another question....do your children not make a christmas list?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:48 AM

where are all thoes people who were done months ago?

mommasbabies77
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:49 AM
I would love to know the answer and what about clothes for your older kids..how do you know what size they are going to wear this year last year? Bump cause I am curious too.

tuesday10
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Yeah I don't understand that either

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:51 AM

hmm...you hear it in every xmas post...maybe they're just saying it to make the rest of us feel behind. lol.

mom2four1978
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Maybe they have older kids? My sister is always done before the end of January. She hits the after Christmas sales. Her kids are all older teens and they just get cash to go along with whatever she picked up earlier in the year. I'm actually thinking of doing this for next year for most of the gifts. My kids only get 1-3 presents from santa and then the rest are from us. The grandmas and aunts/uncles usually end up getting everything else on their list anyway.

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Me either!  I started in March or April I'd say and I just finished last month.  I buy very slowly throughout the year.  Didn't start shopping for my son until after his birthday in June.

Kaibutsu
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM

I can see maybe shopping for the adults ahead of time... I like to get the women on my list gift sets from Philosiphy (check the stuff out in Sephora it smells soooo good). Kids however change interests way too often... I started shopping last week. My son is getting an art desk this year since he has way too many toys lol

lilay
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:04 AM

I always buy ahead. I am starting now for next year. I have a budget for each person and buy things as I see good deals on them. I leave about $100 for each of the kids until fall so we can get some of the newer toys out. Plus all the people who give gifts to the kids ask what to get them in November so they can buy the newer stuff then too. It actually works out better because we get more for our money and I'm not thinking 'Oh No! What can I tell Grandma to buy for them.' because there is always new stuff out. 

I do think it will harder to this as the kids get older because they will actually want stuff and it won't just be what I think they would like.

Lilypie

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
mommasbabies77
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:05 AM
Quoting mom2four1978:

Maybe they have older kids? My sister is always done before the end of January. She hits the after Christmas sales. Her kids are all older teens and they just get cash to go along with whatever she picked up earlier in the year. I'm actually thinking of doing this for next year for most of the gifts. My kids only get 1-3 presents from santa and then the rest are from us. The grandmas and aunts/uncles usually end up getting everything else on their list anyway.

I have a teen and I still can't buy for her early?

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:07 AM

I don't think I would even be able to buy early for them. Plus I really think if I did...I would still buy them things this time a year, they would end up with so much.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)