Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally told my mom

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:51 AM
  • 23 Replies

I finally told my mom I'm moving 20 some hours away to Florida.  Thank you for those who wished me well and gave me encouragement.  She is upset.  I hope it will pass. Her biggest problem is that I am taking her only grandchild that far away, which I understand, and I doubt my little sister will ever have children, so I can see her problem with that.  She thinks it's stupid, I don't care, this is what I want.  I feel sick to my stomach about everything.  I didn't want to hurt her, but I have to do what's best for my family.

I just needed to get that off my chest.

Thanks

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom_2_be2008
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:53 AM

I didn't see your other post(s) on this subject or anything but Good Luck!!!! :)

aniyabel
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I didn't see your other post either, but I'm glad you made the decision that's right for you.

Also, I was born and raised in FL....and the correct college team to cheer for down there is the Gators:)  Just saying:)

cowboygal
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:54 AM

Yes it is going to be hard but you have to do what is best for the family.  My dh and I moved with my parents only grandkids 1900 miles away. They visit quite a bit and they pay for us to go out there some. She will miss him but she will get used to it.

This signature is very tall. Try to keep it shorter than this green section.
PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Quoting aniyabel:

I didn't see your other post either, but I'm glad you made the decision that's right for you.

Also, I was born and raised in FL....and the correct college team to cheer for down there is the Gators:)  Just saying:)

Lol, thanks.

cssmith
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM

Dont ever feel guilty for doing something that is best for your family!  I completely understand that your mother is upset BUT she has to want what is best for you as well!  I am contemplating moving 2500 miles away my self.  Because there are better employment opportunities.  And yes i feel bad about leaving my family behind but if i could promise my little girls a better life well thats what i would do.  Good luck with everything and i hope that she comes around soon.

~*~Mommys Girls~*~  

~Brianna Collette~3-29-05~Kaitlyn Rose~10-27-08~

momof4qtz
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM

I haven't seen the other posts either, but in the end you know whats best for you & your family!  I just moved my family from NY to FL, the rest of my family, mom included, is still in NY..... It's hard, but we manage!  We have skype & talk to each other on that often, still talk on the phone several times a day & she's flying down in a little bit more than a week, so we're dealing.... just like you will ;-)  Good Luck mama!

SarahMcG1981
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM

She'll get over it and hopefully she'll be able to visit often!  Good luck in down here in FL!!  :)  The weather is beautiful!!

AprilD81
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:58 AM

GOOD LUCK!!  Moving away from family is a hard thing.  When I moved away from home I moved 8 hours away...then 24 hours away...then half a world away!  You just have to make sure you stay in touch and go home to visit every so often :)

Wife to a marines & mom to abaseball

PookaboosMom

Quoting Mom_2_be2008:

I didn't see your other post(s) on this subject or anything but Good Luck!!!! :)

Basically, my dh is going down there for construction work, because he has 18 years experience, and I decided to just sell everything, get a furnished apartment(which is cheaper than our house payment here)  and get some part time job.  We decided this quickly, I posted all my stuff on craigslist and have sold a big portion of it already, now I just finally told my mom.  I just want something different, I hate it here anymore.  (We are from Indiana moving to Florida)

Schleetle

My parents (especially my dad) were really sad when I moved across country with my husband, and our twin boys. My dad watched my sons everyday while DH was on deployment, and I was in school so he got SUPER attached. Eventually though my parents got over it, and we live only about 16 hours away now. So they come visit occasionally, and they are happy for us. Your mom will get over initial shock/hurt, and be okay with it after a bit.

Pregnancy Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)