Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hypothyroidism during pregnancy..

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

I was diagnosed hypo in August. I'm now almost 9 weeks pregnant. I had my levels checked about 5 weeks ago, and they were good. But with this pregnancy I'm so horribly tired and weak. Its really bad. I cant move some days. I'm wondering if other moms with hypothyroid were like this during pregnancy??

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
southernjess3
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:08 AM

anyone??

CafeMom Tickers

lilay
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:10 AM

I had to have my levels checked every 4 weeks and they were sent to my OB-GYN, my Endocrinologist and a neonatologist, because your levels change a lot when you are pregnant and the range they can be in is different. I would tell your OB and ask them to keep a close eye on it.

Lilypie

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
MommaBear_0406
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:11 AM

Yes!

LilyGiannaMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:12 AM

I had my levels checked about once a month. Also they gave me more sonograms than usual, I had a sonogram like every 2 weeks all throughout my pregnancy. I only felt bad like you do in my first 2 months of pregnancy. I still took my synthroid.  Good luck and congrats.

southernjess3
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:14 AM

thanks mamas:) I haven't even seen anyone but my family doc to check my levels that one time during this pregnancy..my ob/gyn cancelled my first appt. so I didn't know who to ask..

CafeMom Tickers

kimber2431
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM

alot of pregnant women actually end up going hyperthyroid . i have that

abenirichelle
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:38 AM

i had it before i got preggo, and it was terrible.  i could barely get out of bed (almost like i was paralyzed) and was misdiagnosed with depression. it's the most miserable thing i have ever been through.

hfs1998
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I am 10 wks pg and I got diagnosed with hypothyroidism in August too.  I'm on levothyroxine (I think that is the name).  I've been borderline for years but finally got the diagnosis.  I panicked and stopped taking the meds when I got the positive pg test but my ob told me to get back on it.  He will be monitoring my levels throughout the pg.  I actually feel pretty good, much more energetic than with my earlier pre-diagnosis pregnancies (I'm almost 37, this is #4).  I'm tired and all but not that bad. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)