Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help!! Crafty Mamas!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM
  • 8 Replies

My husbands birthday is Monday the 23rd. I want to make something from the kids for him our kids are 16months (son) and 2 weeks (daughter). I was thinking something with handprints/footprints, but not really sure what to do! Any ideas?? TIA!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:17 AM

You could get a plaster keepsake kit and do a hand/foot print for him... or simply make a card or picture with finger paint hand and foot prints on it...

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM

go to wal-mart in the crafy section they have kits to do the hand prints in ....

mommy_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM

maybe a shirt:  get a white t-shirt or a light colored one.....and have them put their handprints or footprints or both on there and put their name in the middle of them...and write Daddy's little angels or something to that effect....Maybe try it on a hat/cap if he wears those...GOOD LUCK!

DaisyAg2003
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:18 AM

A picture of him and your kids with their footprint for the frame.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Get him a pack of hankies and do hand and foot prints on them

Get him a coffe mug that you can put the kids hand and foot prints on

Momof2Alice
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:20 AM

This may be too late, and I'm  not sure if you've seen this yet, but one of my favorite blogs posted an offer of free photo cards. 

http://www.moneysavingmom.com/money_saving_mom/2009/11/100-free-custom-holiday-photo-cards-from-seehere-have-you-gotten-yours-yet.html

You can put in photos of your kids, and if you put in the promo code: new baby, you'll get 50 free cards!  I think it'd make a cute gift!

erinbills
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:21 AM

My sons first christmas I made my husband a book with a bunch of pictures of them together and added a letter from him in the front.

Cinderella39
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:28 AM

I am planning on doing this for my husbands birthday.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=13059&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=80

You could take a picture with each child, with a letter and one with both of them, with a letter.

Hobby Lobby/Michael's has the letters and Target/Walmart have the frames.

I think it is a great idea, that would be loved for years!

Hope that helps!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)