Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

why can't people just take responsibility for their actions?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM
  • 20 Replies

It drives me nuts that some people blame the wrong people when something goes wrong in their lives. 

Your husband cheats you blame the woman - blame him he is the one that you have a commitment with.

Your child's father doesn't pay child support or visit - you should really get to know someone before you become a parent with them.

The list goes on and on....what do you want people to take responsibility for?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KalistaW
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:40 AM

People don't take responsibility because it makes them look like the weaker person. Unfortunately.

I wish people took more responsibility for their young kids actions. I see it all the time- a 2 year old (for instance) slaps another child on the playground and the mom/dad does nothing. It annoys me to death.

ErikaM27
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Quoting gobimom:

It drives me nuts that some people blame the wrong people when something goes wrong in their lives. 

Your husband cheats you blame the woman - blame him he is the one that you have a commitment with.

Your child's father doesn't pay child support or visit - you should really get to know someone before you become a parent with them.

I really think you're talking out of your ass.. there are reasons why people blame the women there are many different circumstances did you ever think about that? 

As far as child support I would imagine there's lots of mothers that really did think they know the man they were with when they had their child and it probably changed....

jjessers
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:42 AM

I agree 100%

I have thought this myself for some time now. Today's Society never take responsibility for their own actions. It's sad. People place blame on everyone else.

Reminds me of the woman who sued McDonald's because she burnt her mouth on HOT coffee....gimme a friggin break...

if you order HOT coffee...YOU KNOW IT"S HOT!!!!   so how on earth are you going to blame McDonald's. 

jjessers
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting gobimom:

I really think you're talking out of your ass.. there are reasons why people blame the women there are many different circumstances did you ever think about that? 

As far as child support I would imagine there's lots of mothers that really did think they know the man they were with when they had their child and it probably changed....

OMG...maybe she used the wrong examples for you...but the core of what she is saying is soooo true!!!

gobimom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting gobimom:

I'm sorry but I firmly believe that even though the other woman did something I don't agree with it is the husband/wife that is accountable for their actions.  Unless the "other woman" drugs the man and holds him down he has a choice.

ErikaM27
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Quoting gobimom:

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting gobimom:

I'm sorry but I firmly believe that even though the other woman did something I don't agree with it is the husband/wife that is accountable for their actions.  Unless the "other woman" drugs the man and holds him down he has a choice.

Other women that know that the man is married whether happy or not should be held responsible for what it is. They've come between a marriage and is as much to blame as the husband. This really has nothing to do with taking responsiblity though I don't get your post?? How does a woman that doesn't get child support have to take responsiblity  For what for having been with a man that doesn't want to pay child support so you mean she has to suck it up basically? Like I said there are different circumstances for what you listed.

sll1976
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:56 AM

I agree about the cheating thing.  I've been cheated on and I never blamed the other woman...I blamed the man who made the commitment to me. 

gobimom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting gobimom:

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting gobimom:

Other women that know that the man is married whether happy or not should be held responsible for what it is. They've come between a marriage and is as much to blame as the husband. This really has nothing to do with taking responsiblity though I don't get your post?? How does a woman that doesn't get child support have to take responsiblity  For what for having been with a man that doesn't want to pay child support so you mean she has to suck it up basically? Like I said there are different circumstances for what you listed.

Of course there are different circumstances I was venting about how people complain but don't take responsibility.  I see posts all the time about the ex boyfriend not paying child support ~ he didn't have a job when you got pregnant, he didn't pay child support to the other mother of his children etc.    At some point you just have to admit that you picked a loser and move on.  Yes you deserve child support and yes your child deserves a dad but in some cases it is not going to happen.

Emmariel
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:03 PM

Quoting jjessers:

Quoting ErikaM27:

Quoting gobimom:

OMG...maybe she used the wrong examples for you...but the core of what she is saying is soooo true!!!

Some people just like to argue I guess.

OP, I agree with you completely. And, as a PP said, it drives me crazy too when parents don't take responsibility for their young children misbehaving.

Mesha125
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Quoting jjessers:

I agree 100%

I have thought this myself for some time now. Today's Society never take responsibility for their own actions. It's sad. People place blame on everyone else.

Reminds me of the woman who sued McDonald's because she burnt her mouth on HOT coffee....gimme a friggin break...

if you order HOT coffee...YOU KNOW IT"S HOT!!!!   so how on earth are you going to blame McDonald's. 

didnt some girls sue because they said Mcdonalds made them fat? I think that is soooo dumb. HELLO! Since when did Mcdonalds market themselves as health food?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)