Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much would you pay?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:49 AM
  • 7 Replies

How much would you pay to have someone come and clean your house? I am talking about clutter, dusting, floors, walls, kitchen, toilets, everything! I am thinking about offering to my Aunt and also to my grandmother to go to thier house once a week and clean for them. They both "have money" and my aunt already pays someone to clean, but she wants to fire her. SO how much would you pay for a family member to come in and clean once a week?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:51 AM

For a family member maybe $50.

1busymomma03

I clean my IL's house every 2 weeks. They pay me $50 each time I go. I don't do toilets or put away any of their clutter, but I do everything else.

mrsjoeljr

Oh, I'm no help. I'm a sahm so that's my job and I happen to be pretty cheap. I guess it would depend on how long the cleaning took you.

CafeMom Tickers
KellyOh72

$15-20 an hour I think.

Call some places in the phone book and ask what they charge. 

KalistaW
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:52 AM

It depends how big your house is and how long it would take her to clean it. I'd say probably $100 each time she comes.

AFWifeNMom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 11:55 AM

Ok i was thinking of asking for $50 each week, my aunt who pays someone right now pays her $80 a week, and that is her brothers ex wife so i guess she is kinda family too, but she does that for a ft job. I think $50 sounds fair

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

Kays_Mama06
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:20 PM
It depends on the size of the house and how long you'd be there for... I was getting charged 110 every 2 wks with a company. My house has 5bd/3ba and is around 4000 sq ft.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)