Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you asking for?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:07 PM
  • 9 Replies

My husband says that he needs a detailed list of what I want for Xmas by 3 o'clock today. I had originally told him that I want gift cards but he wont do it.He says that is to impersonal and that that is the point of buying gifts so that you don't have to go buy them yourself. I want mostly new clothes(including bras and underwear) and makeup/beauty stuff. I'm just starting a me collection of lotions,bath stuff, beauty tools and makeup. So in that category what would you ask for? and what else are you asking for?

He just bought me a new phone. Which is sorta a early gift, but he usually spends a large amout on me for xmas because I dont really buy myself anything thru out the year.Its his way of sorta making up for it.So the skys the limit!lol.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mommyziegler
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:09 PM

lol you should ask for a brand new vehicle!!!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/drmfreemama   Come join drama free mama's!

CafeMom Tickers

toddler girl                                 in love                   stork

Summer Lynne born 4-22-08    Holly and John married 10-28-07    #2 due June 2, 2010

DaisyAg2003
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:12 PM

My husband also goes all out for me for Christmas...no matter how much I argue.

I never give him a list and he always gets me something that I wanted/needed but didn't get myself.

Last year it was a new video camera.

excougarmama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Geez a new car? I feel lame! I asked for bath sheets!

angie729
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Bath and Body works has the softest robe in there...it would be so warm and comfy.

Mom_2_be2008
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:25 PM

I don't ask for anything and sometimes we choose to not buy each other anything and spend it on others...

ponylover86
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM

We have an 05 vehicle now, so that's good enough for me! Ive tried for a new big truck  but hes not a truck man. lol. :o( And I can't really justify a reason to have one except that I just plain want one.

Quoting mommyziegler:

lol you should ask for a brand new vehicle!!!!

bigmommasmomma
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Nothing because no one buys for me lol... I enjoy doing the buying more anyway :)

nemiller
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:43 PM

i'm asking for a massage gift certificate and gift cards to clothing stores.  i know most people don't like giving or getting gift cards, but i need to buy new (smaller!) clothes and i'm still not comfortable giving out my sizes.  i also wouldn't mind getting a few games for my nintendo DS.  i'm really low maintenance, and there's usually not enough "stuff" on my list to satisfy everybody who wants to buy me gifts.  but whatever.  i think the gift cards and DS games will offer enough options for people.

ponylover86
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:47 PM

Well I'm the same way.It doesnt take alot to please me. I was hoping this year he would do the gift card thing, but he doesnt want to.

Quoting nemiller:

i'm asking for a massage gift certificate and gift cards to clothing stores.  i know most people don't like giving or getting gift cards, but i need to buy new (smaller!) clothes and i'm still not comfortable giving out my sizes.  i also wouldn't mind getting a few games for my nintendo DS.  i'm really low maintenance, and there's usually not enough "stuff" on my list to satisfy everybody who wants to buy me gifts.  but whatever.  i think the gift cards and DS games will offer enough options for people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)