Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Time is too early-about barking dogs

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

So my neighbors' dogs bark all the time when they are outside. Its starting to drive me crazy. They are outside from 5:45a til 11:30p. During the day its not that big of a problem but still a little annoying. My biggest problem is that the dogs are barking while I'm trying to go to bed & they wake me up in the morning.

My neighbor seems to think that she is not letting them out too early or leaving them out too late. She says that most ppl are up at these times & I just think its too early b/c I want to sleep in.

What do you think? Are these times inappropriate or am I just being picky?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mom2aspclboy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Where we live there are animal control laws & a noise ordinance for this sort of thing. Here, a dog cannot be outside barking for more than 10 minutes. Also, no excessive noise may take place prior to 7 am or after 11 pm or you are subject to a citation and/or fine.

Find out what the animal control laws are or if there is a noise ordinance, then you can let her know if she's breaking the law or not. Once you inform her and she continues to let the animals bark, then you can call the police everytime it happens. If they get enough calls, she'll be cited and have to pay a fine, etc.

MelaniesMama
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:36 PM

Thats waaay too early! what a bitch!  And it also too late.
My neighbors used to be the same way.  UntilI started going over there when her dogs were barking and yelling outside her fence. lol   I would also call at all hrs of the night when my DD was getting up and then hanging up.  I know I will probably get bashed for that, but I dont care. it worked  No more dogs barking at all hrs of the night and the butt crack of dawn.

ArmyWifey4907
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Our neighbors keep their dogs outside 24/7.  And they bark 24/7.  We have to have our ceiling fan and my tower fan going at night just to muffle the barking, and it doesn't help that our bedroom is on the side of the house that faces their house.  Early this summer it was so bad that I actually kept calling animal control on them because they were ignoring the noise ordinance, but nothing ever happened.  They let the dogs bark NON-STOP from about 11pm til almost 3am, then the dogs would bark like every 20-30 min.  We even tried to find a way out of our lease because of those dogs, but no such luck.

In my opinion, the owners should pay attention to their dogs.  If they're outside past 10 pm or earlier than 7 am, I think the owners should do their part to at least TRY to keep the dogs barking at minimum.  I know dogs bark, it's a natural thing, but the owners should take responsibility if they are going to have their dogs out at such odd hours and try to keep them as quiet as possible out of respect for the neighborhood.  Not everyone is up til midnight, and not everyone is up before the sun.  Personally, I go to bed at 10pm and get up at 8am when my DS gets up.

pregnancy calendar

ktwister
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I own 2 dogs and that is extremely rude.

My Great Dane has to pee about 6 a.m every morning,  a few times he's barked but I've told him to come in.

Same at night they go pee about 10:30 and come back in.  If they are barking at something, I check it out and make them come in no matter what time it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)