Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Miley Cyrus fans out there?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM
  • 4 Replies

her tour bus flipped over an hour or so from my town. The driver is dead.

DINWIDDIE COUNTY, VA - CBS 6 has just received new information from the Virginia State Police regarding this morning's crash involving a tour bus for singer Miley Cyrus.

Police tell us all lanes of the interstate has been reopened.

Troopers were called out to the crash scene around 8:20 a.m. Friday. They say the crash occurred on I-85 south near mile marker 55 in Dinwiddie County, that's about 45-minutes south of Richmond, Virginia.

VSP says the bus was traveling southbound when it went off the left hand side of the roadway and went about 100 yards before it ended up on its right side. 10 people were on board the bus when it went off the road and overturned.

They are members of the singer's production lighting crew and many of them were asleep at the time of the crash. They exited the wreckage through the front windshield.

The singer was not on board the wrecked bus. State police tell CBS 6 Cyrus was nowhere near the accident scene, though they cannot say for sure where the singer was at the time of the accident.

One person died, another sustained minor injuries as a result of the crash. State Police are not confirming the identities of the injured but CBS 6's Wayne Covil was told that the person who died was the driver of the bus.

VSP says the roads were wet from heavy rain Thursday night, but they are not blaming the weather for the crash. I-85 south remains closed at this time and traffic is being re-routed on to the shoulder. Clean up is expected to take at least two hours and the investigation is on-going, we're told.

VSP says the bus was heading to Greensboro, North Carolina where Miley Cyrus is scheduled to perform in concert on Sunday.

All I have, all I am, all I ever will be, is because of you, Lord! I am crucified with Christ, therefore I no longer live. Jesus Christ now lives in me! I am a 100% pro-life, wife, church goin Christian, choir singin, recyclin, natural products usin, vaccinatin, non co-sleepin, CIO method usin, soy milk drinkin, organic milk givin, coffee drinkin, dog lovin, schedule stickin to, vitamin givin/takin, soy candle burnin, as Green as I can get, Preg. w/ #2, WAHM.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
ColieO
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:33 PM

Is this one actually true. or a rumor again like the one of her getting hit by a truck and dying?

Just making sure.

sll1976
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:44 PM

I think TMZ reported this.  It was one of the tour buses, but not her bus.  It was the bus that had the lighting crew.  The bus driver died and 9 others were injured.  The bus was seen drifting off the road, so they are investigating to see if the driver actually died BEFORE the crash, to explain the drifting.

elvir2babes
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:48 PM

sad, but I am not a fan of hers, she dresses too grown up and sleazy

Divorced, Separated, Single or Widowed Moms! Check out this awesome group!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/ConfidentSingleMoms

tanya777
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:00 PM

Its true. Here is an article from yahoo...

Miley Cyrus tour bus overturns in US, killing 1

By DENA POTTER, Associated Press Writer Dena Potter, Associated Press Writer - 2 hrs 42 mins ago

DINWIDDIE, Va. - One person was killed Friday when a tour bus belonging to Miley Cyrus overturned, but the 16-year-old "Hannah Montana" star was not on board, Virginia State Police said.

Sgt. Thomas Molnar said the bus overturned around 8:15 a.m. about 40 miles (65 kilometers) south of Richmond.

One of the other nine passengers had minor injuries. Police would not identify those aboard.

A wrecker arrived late Friday morning to haul away the black-and-maroon luxury tour bus, which was on its side in a ditch off the highway where it had apparently skidded for several hundred feet.

According to Miley Cyrus' Web site, the pop singer is scheduled to perform Sunday in Greensboro, North Carolina.

Miley Cyrus is the daughter of country star Billy Ray Cyrus, who also appears on the family friendly sitcom "Hannah Montana."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)