Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is your thanksgiving pre-pared?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM
  • 1 Replies

Growing up my mom MADE the pies MADE the Stuffing and her own gravy and mashed potatos. She also made her own dinner rolls Now that I have been married and do Thanksgiving wtih my husbands family everything is boxed and packaged.....ahhhhh its gets annoying. I wanted to make gravy the way my mom dose and my MIL bitched that if it wasent good enough or seasoned right then ppl werent going to be happy.

Dont get me wrong Thanksgiving is good with his family, but i really miss the homemade stuff.

Not to mention we have dinner by NOON and i was so used to it being through the afternoon and then having dinner dinner around 6pm.

Well i guess i cant complain to much since we do Xmas at my familys and everything is AWESOME and home made=)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I host Thanksgiving every year and it's from scratch... Dh fries a turkey and smokes a ham and I make everything else..

I make mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry compote, sausage cornbread dressing, veggies, pies and cheesecake. My family would stage a coup if I didn't go all out every year.

Claire

" I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Admin- International Adoption
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)