Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Two weeks ago today my three year old got the HIB vaccine. I am concerned.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

He went from being easy going to having meltdowns about everything the day after the shot. I don't know if he is going through a phase or if it is the vaccine. I have not called his pediatrician simply because I am sure he will say there is no connection. I thought maybe he just wasn't feeling well, but he seems fine otherwise.

Have your children had any behavior change after the HIB vaccine?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Swtmama62205
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM

How else is he acting?  Anything else other then having meltdowns...

Erna2
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM

My kids were grumpy for the first day after getting it, but went back to thier normal self after that. I would all the doctor..

mitch576
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:42 PM

they were fine... the one with autism was born that way.. not made that way.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

Vandyswife
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:45 PM

lol, my 8 month old is like that.. its liek Terrbile Twos early.. she will completly THROW a fit... like if DH is taking a bath at night and I close the door she gets pissed!!!!! cause she loves baths and wants one too.. LOL... its funny actually.. but i am mean and dont give in to temper tantrums!!!

marineswashing dishesfloating in pool

Dad- United States Marine, Mom- Stay-At-Home-Mommy, Courtney- Birthday March 11, 2009

cmb121906
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM

Idk, I don't vax. Maybe join one of the vax groups on here, maybe you'll get some answers or something.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

mom-lovingit
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:49 PM

My dd is only 19mo however at her least checkup she fell asleep after the shots and I let her instead of hetting her to move her legs around, she was in a lot of pain (even with tylenol) after and the whole thing traumatized her a bit giving her huge seperation anxiety issues that have taken about a month to resolve.  Maybe something like that could've happened if the shots were painful and instead of seperation anxiety it's made him have a short fuse.  Call the pedi, hope he settles down soon! :o)

Pregnancy Ticker

yayay15
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM

My first is fully vax'd but never acted like that after a vaccine.  I would just watch him.  Is he acting sick?  He could just maybe be getting a little sick with or something...it's hard to tell.  The doctor probably won't do much.  Sorry!  good luck.

I am an exclusively breastfeeding, non-vax'g, cloth diapering, kissing, hugging, playing, lovable mom.

MOMby19
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:53 PM

my 2 year old goes through bouts of acting out and having meltdowns about everything. they pass after a week or 2... but the one he's been on now has lasted a good 2 weeks already. :( if he's acting different in any other ways (not making good eye contact, not talking as much or as well) i'd call around and get 2 or 3 opinions from different peds. 

I'm the young mommy to an active, talkative 2 year old and a smiley, alert 3 month old. :)

vadasmommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:55 PM

Same here so bump for Vaxing moms!

Quoting cmb121906:

Idk, I don't vax. Maybe join one of the vax groups on here, maybe you'll get some answers or something.

moretolovemamma
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Id just watch him closely. You never know what might be going on inside his body while adjusting to that vaccine. Is that the only one he recieved that day?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)