Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you know........

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM
  • 6 Replies

that if you freeze a HPT it will preserve the BFP?!?!?!?!? I had NO idea that you could do that!! Am I the only who didn't know that????

Friends of mine enlightened me on this piece of info.... they lost their first child together to miscarriage and when they tried again it took a while, when they finally got pregnant they wanted to keep the PT instead of just the pics of it, so they froze it..... wrapped in saran wrap and double bagged in freezer ziplocs and they keep it in their chest freezer in the basement not right in their kitchen...... I sooo didn't believe them, they showed me and sure enough it still read positive....... I think it's pretty cool and a little weird all at the same time...... but all in all pretty cool....

So am I the only one left outta the loop or are there more of you just hearing about this now???????????

TTC A 2010 Baby Girl~Click for Love♥Letters

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
DandieMandie
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:45 PM

I didnt know this, but in my head right now Im asking. I wonder who thought "Let me just freeze this stick that I peed on and see what happens...."

baby growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

elly25
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:47 PM

I had no clue either.Odd and interesting at the same time. 

owls

nonelikeme
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Weird.. my from when I was pregnant over 2 years ago still reads the BFP on it.. and I didnt freeze it, just kept it with all of his baby stuff..lol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wife to Alan *2/23/08* Momma to Kenden *8/12/08*Air Force Wife Pictures, Images and PhotosI'm a bitch, I'm a lover, I'm a child, I'm a mother, I'm a sinner, I'm a saint.

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:49 PM

I found the HPT that I took (and hid from my mom) almost 6 yrs later and it still read positive...so I don't think it HAS to be frozen to preserve it.

stefvan
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:50 PM

All of my tests from 13 years and 8 years ago still show positive.  I never froze them.

mom2four1978
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I have one that is just over 15 years old that still reads positive. It was never frozen

Quoting nonelikeme:

Weird.. my from when I was pregnant over 2 years ago still reads the BFP on it.. and I didnt freeze it, just kept it with all of his baby stuff..lol.

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)