Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ALL YOU NC MOMS!!!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:01 PM
  • 12 Replies

DH and I are looking to move somewhere north. We live in Louisiana now and hate it here, especially the damn hot weather. I want to move somewhere that has all the seasons and actually gets cold in winter, instead of summer,summer, summer, winter.

We were looking into Raleigh and actually found the perfect house for us. But I really want to live around snow or mountains. Can you see the mountains from Raleigh and how much does it snow there? How far is a drive to a ski resort?

****ERIN****

Mommy to Kagen****born June 12th 2007 and Brayden****born September 22, 2009

Married to my hubby Gabriel for 2 years*****since February 10th 2007

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:03 PM

i go to school in raleigh (NC State)...it's a nice area for the most part, you can find things to do...it doesnt really snow here though..we get like 1 or 2 days of snow

Shanamaria
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:05 PM

I am from a small town about an hour away from raleigh in sanford (Lee county)   We don't usually get ALOT of snow but in the past few years we have gotten enough to play and stuff in. Nothing to MAJOR... I LOVE it here. 

Shanamaria
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:07 PM

All this time seeing your post's and things and I had no clue you lived so close.. We should do a meet and greet with all of us cafemommers in this area sometime soon.

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

i go to school in raleigh (NC State)...it's a nice area for the most part, you can find things to do...it doesnt really snow here though..we get like 1 or 2 days of snow

lady_light2708
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:10 PM

I live in Beckley WV and I can tell you now, you do not want to live here. Ive lived here all my life and I am dying to get out! If you have small children I can tell you that the schools suck, unless you want to put them in a Christian Academy its the only school worth a lick around here. 

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:02 PM

bump

****ERIN****

sxylilmom
by Supergirl on Nov. 21, 2009 at 5:54 PM

bump

****ERIN****

jessil83
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 5:56 PM

i live in VA so i can tell you about right here, we don't get snow that often, and NC gets snow about as often as we do, don't think we got snow at all last year. at least not any that stuck, it did snow xmas day and i think like a day or so before, but not enough to stick for more than 2 seconds. if you want to move to a place where you'll get snow you'll have to go further north or further inland in the NC/VA/MD area, you'd have to go much closer to the mountains and higher up the mountains to actually get snow each year and snow that actually does anything.

halleys_mommy_1
by +Logan on Nov. 21, 2009 at 8:32 PM

I used to live in Albemarle (stanley county) It's outside charlotte. It was a great town and very pretty. I can't wait till I move back.

We left cause of family issues up north

KathyGabe
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I live in Raleigh I have been here for three years. Last year it only snowed here twice last year and in the summer it gets hot The mountains are about and hour away and the beaches are about 2hrs away it's nice here.

luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 7:27 PM

just saw this reply, but that would be great!

Quoting Shanamaria:

All this time seeing your post's and things and I had no clue you lived so close.. We should do a meet and greet with all of us cafemommers in this area sometime soon.

Quoting luv_my_xiya:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)