Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really??? My facebook Status funny of the day....

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:14 PM
  • 7 Replies

This is a former church friend from back in the day (WAYYYY back)

cute get a 2nd notice in the mail today for a parking ticket for a vehicle registered in my name with a license plate i dont recognize. Well knowing that my car is in my hubbys name i go down to the police station thinking there is some mix up. oh no its a parking ticket i got in novemeber 2005 that hasnt been paid yet?! wtf

The city is getting desperate for cash flow. Watch out,. they are going to try to fine us all for everything.

The same thing happened to us. My mom got a bill for $280 in the mail for unpaid parking tickets when me and my sister were in high school. One went as far back as 2000. Ridiculous.

Same thing with my mom for highschool parking tickets from 2002... RIDICULOUS

Ummmm....I dont know....maybe pay your damn tickets when you get them. I mean,they ARE yours!!! LMAO The shit people try to push off on others or the govt

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
kk_bella
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:15 PM

No kidding.

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:17 PM

While I do agree that people should pay their tickets...I don;t think if there has been no attemt to collect in over 5 years that they should be allowed to now.

lvnmylif
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I don't understand why they are upset.  If you get a ticket pay it.  Or here is a thought follow all of your cities traffic and parking laws and you wont get a ticket in the first place. 

gypsydancer7
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Why? That doesnt make sense

Quoting imthatgirl728:

While I do agree that people should pay their tickets...I don;t think if there has been no attemt to collect in over 5 years that they should be allowed to now.

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Because you can't just let people go on with their lives...and then one day many years later that decide now you want the money. There should have been an attempt to collect right from the time it was given.

Quoting gypsydancer7:

Why? That doesnt make sense

Quoting imthatgirl728:

my4littlegirls
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Watch Parking Wars on A & E.  It is soo funny.  I think in Philly(?) there is a 7yr statue of limitation.  JUst pay the stupid ticket when you get it.

krise
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM

YEAH, I heard a few ppl here that this has happened too! They were even talking about this on talk radio!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)