Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you wash your clothes after each wear?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:16 PM
  • 26 Replies

I kept seeing in the Thanksgiving post where people were saying they were so poor they wear their clothes a couple of times before they wash them.  We're not broke and I do it, so do a lot of people I know.  If I wear something for just a few hours and didn't get anything on it or it doesn't smell I hang it back up in the closet.  I do it to keep my clothes nice looking for longer.  It's mostly sweaters and a few other things like cocktail dresses or suits.  Is it really that odd? 

I also saw where people were trying to get pity for only being able to run the washer or dishwasher when it was full.  Doesn't everyone do that?  I have a few things that have to be washed separately and I do a small load for them but every other time I have a full load before I turn on the washer.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PookaboosMom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:18 PM

I wear bra's and jeans over. ....and I always have a full load when I wash things, but there's 6 of us so I can get a fully load any time.  :) 

KT9105
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:18 PM

Most clothes I do.  Jeans I don't.  PJs get worn a few nights then washed, workout clothes definitely wash after each use - ew.

lillypie2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:18 PM

The only thing I probably wear more than once are jeans..I'm a slob and my shirts are always getting dirty. 

mom2four1978
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:19 PM

I do now, but when I was thinner and had some very expensive boutique items I did not.

jackjack2.png picture by devilsadvocate1488

soakley
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:19 PM

Hmmm.. not sure what to say about being too poor to wash clothes... im too poor to buy clothes lol... I have one pair of jeans.. and i wear them everyday... and i wash a load of clothes every night... but between my husband and kids and myself, we have a load every night.. big or small, i do it.. my jeans dont always get in the load and if they dont, so what??? who has enough clothes to not have to wear jeans or something twice in a row??!! lol

KKCMom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:20 PM

I wash everything after wearing it. I also wash dishes at the end of the night and if there is only a few I still wash them. Guess I must be rich! Not really though!

halosmommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Prolly i usually just pick something up off my floor or bed and smell it.

butterbear

I do the same I like my clothes to look newer longer so I will skip if it is clean and not smelling and only worn a few hours. I always make sure we have a load or at least a small one. 

serioussifL

I sure dont. Call me a scrub but when I actually wear clothes I dont put them in the laundry bag until they smell or are dirty.

I am a breastfeeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

randmmom05

Depends how long I wear them.  I will admit, sometimes when I leave to go to school for two hours. I will get dressed before I leave and when I get home I take them off and will wear them the next day. I think it would be silly for me to throw them in the wash after 2 hours sometime just half hour of wearing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)