Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is different in this picture? "The Hand and the President"

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:28 PM
  • 129 Replies

I got on Facebook and my friend had this picture up. She was basically wigging.

Your opinion on this please?

After a few post this was said and it makes perfect sense to me.

Quoting simplee_me:

This pic has been discussed at length on a few sites.

Obamas is BEING saluted because he is entering ..

That's why he isn't saluting..

It's amazing to me how easily people are swayed into thinking something.. lol  

I must also say that I am not here nor there about the President. I dont keep up with it and I dont debate it thats why I am asking.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preemiemommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:29 PM

are we starting this again with the whole "his hand isn't over his heart" stuff??

My eggo is preggo!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
isra1986

Quoting preemiemommy:

are we starting this again with the whole "his hand isn't over his heart" stuff??

lillitigator88

he didn't put his hand over his heart. maybe he isn't really religous he was not being disrepectful. we are not all christians. i am sure he meant no disrespect.

CafeMom Tickers
aCajunAngel
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I try not to get in conversations about the president. I told her maybe he doesnt like doing it? I told her maybe he was late in raising his arm...I told her I dont know???

Wow now she has a big ole' tude with me... >.>

kittymom

Sorry but my father was ex-military and to me this is very very disrepectful to the flag, to our country and the people who fought over the generations to keep it a free nation. 

ladymarvn

Why is she wigging?  What am I missing?

I am a good enough mom.  My opinions on parenting tactics change minute by minute depending on my mood and the situation.  I feel if the kids are still alive and fed by the end of the day I've done my job.  I am a Goofy Goober (see the Spongebob Movie). I believe in singing and other things that embarass your children. When my kids say I'm the meanest parent ever I take it as a compliment.  I've often yearned to box up my kids and ship them to Timbuktu.  I feel the best thing about having kids is reliving childhood.  I have a career and I'm proud of it.  You can mess with me and get away with it but God help you if you hurt my kids.  We are all flying by the seat of our pants with nothing but love to guide us.

smichellem

It's like a where's waldo pic to me. haha at first.

Then I think I see what you're talking about. At least for me I see a very disrespectful rude man..our President can't observe something so simple yet so powerful as to respectfully salute or put his hand on his heart for our nation? Come on. Yes, it is a big deal.  If it were not a big deal and a powerful message he would just do the right thing and respectfully salute as he should. Just my humble American opinion though. Who cares?  

Apr1l
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM

yea its really weird...after all he is the president

aCajunAngel
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Yea I guess I am starting it again. Mind you I didnt see it the first time...And I dont post often sooooo??? Post if you want and dont if you dont want it to get bumped hell I dont care lol.

southernjess3
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:32 PM

i think he shoulda done something..salute or something..he is the one representing our country..

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)