Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this trashy? *EDIT WITH PICS!*

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM
  • 88 Replies

Tattoo sleeves. On women. How do you feel about them? Do you like them or not? If not then why? And no, I don't have one so don't worry about offending me :)  I just want to get some brutally honest opinions.

Ok I was asking because I really want to get one and was a little thrown off when DF told me he doesn't like them on women. He thinks they're ugly. I've never even considered the idea of people not liking them. I LOVE tattoos if done correctly and by the right person. I have wanted a sleeve for a really long time, and so this is what I told him I want for Christmas this year! Anyways, I thought I'd add a pic of myself and a pic of a sleeve I found that I like. What are your opinions?

Me

I'll be getting the sleeve on that same arm. Haven't decided yet if I'm going to cover that one I already have up or incorporate it somehow.

The one I like.

I won't be using this EXACT tattoo. This is just to give the artist an IDEA of what I want. I'll make it a full sleeve, add color, and add my own personal details to it.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElShaddi
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I have seen some that it looks good on but I would not get it done 

ThatSkyGirl
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:44 PM

On women I think they look terrible just too much and not very feminine, but on a man now thats hot, lol.

michelle121003
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:46 PM

It depends on the tattoos and the quality.  Overall, not trashy to me, but when you see shitty work on someone and the art does not flow together well, it does look stupid.

Jynnifer292

Personally, I don't care for them but I wouldn't say they were trashy either. If someone has a talented artist do real art on them, I don't think it matters how much they have. I think it looks awful when people get trace and fill in crap all over them though. 

key2ynot

I don't think it's trashy....just not for me!  but I can admire good tattoo work no matter who it's on or how big it is, ya know?   I think that being 'trashy' comes more from behavior than what somebody looks like

CafeMom Tickers
Jadegirl1819
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:47 PM

I think they look awful and trashy.  I have never seen a nice one on a woman and only a few nice  ones on men.

I love tats but only think you should get them in places that you can easily cover up when the need arises and, personally, I don't want to wear long sleeves in the summer.

Quoting ThatSkyGirl:

On women I think they look terrible just too much and not very feminine, but on a man now thats hot, lol.

mommaof3010306
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:47 PM

i think it depends on what kind of tat sleeve they wannaget, if it's a masculine type one then no i wouldn't agree but if it;s a feminie one that would prolly be alright.  good question, personally my next tat is gonna be a hip side peice with 2 lilles, a butterfly and  2 dragonflies.. side pieces r more for girls i think than sleeves

Morgiesmom83
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 2:48 PM

Quoting ElShaddi:

I have seen some that it looks good on but I would not get it done 

ashnevlex

Quoting ThatSkyGirl:

I agree! I LOVE them on men too!

UxorQuodMatris

I wouldn't call it trashy, but I don't like it. It's too masculine for my taste.

Humans kill an estimated 100 million sharks each year. Sign this petition to establish a global ban on shark finning. CLICK HERE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)