Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFG I can't believe this.This is NOT just a catchy title.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

My husband got a job with Honeywell, and we were thinking that he would be starting in January because he has to go to NY for some training. Nope. They called him today and he has to be in New London, CT by December 21. I'm a little upset right now because this was supposed to be our first holiday in our own place and now we won't even be together. I know, it's kind of silly but...yeah. I'm nervous now, my head is spinning and my stomach hurts. I knew this was coming but I thought I had more time.

The reason we won't be together is because we still have this lease until Feb. I can't pay them 1,500 dollars to break it. Plus we have a lot of loose ends that I need to be here to take care of.

I feel sick...throwing up

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy he got this job, but this was very sudden.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ncarter24
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:02 PM

Sorry bump

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
lvnmylif
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Why dec 21?  I would call and ask for it to be started the day after christmas. 

MissKrystal
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM

Aw, I'm sorry honey. That would be hard. Regardless of how happy you are to have the job, it is sad to not be with him over the holidays. I sure hope everything works out. Keep your head up...

UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:06 PM

He can't start training until he's working there, and they need everything ready for a training class in Jan.

They've already waited for the end of the semester like he asked, I don't know how much more generous they're willing to be.

Quoting lvnmylif:

Why dec 21?  I would call and ask for it to be started the day after christmas. 

Lindsey624
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:06 PM

that does suck and i know youre upset, but try to make the most of it. mail out a christmas card the day before he leaves so it will be there waiting for him. or even call around the new place and see if there is a bakery that can deliver holiday cookies or something...doing something special and extra nice for someone you love will help you feel better too...so just flip it around and come up with new ways to celebrate!!!

MommynMonster
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:09 PM

Can you talk to your landlord about finding signing the lease over to a new tenant?

mymomisthebomb
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:11 PM

I am sorry, that really stinks! I hope you all can work out something before then.

Schleetle
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Sorry he won't be home for the holidays... My mom used to work for Honeywell, and they were really good to her. She got so much stuff from them... I know that is kinda OT, but I figured its good news. I hope everything works out for you.

Pregnancy Ticker

KalistaW
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Congratulations to your husband on his new job! You're right though, that does really suck about not being able to spend holidays together :(

UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:15 PM

They've been incredible so far. They turned him down for 2 other jobs in DC and HI, but he was their first call for this one. They aren't helping with moving but they are giving him a sign on bonus.
I just need to suck it up, it's not like this is the first one without him. At least it's CT and not Iraq this year.

Quoting Schleetle:

Sorry he won't be home for the holidays... My mom used to work for Honeywell, and they were really good to her. She got so much stuff from them... I know that is kinda OT, but I figured its good news. I hope everything works out for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)