Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

morman ?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:56 PM
  • 19 Replies

ok so we have new neighbors i am pretty sure they are mormans, what kind of welcomefood could i take to them

is there amything i should know so i dont offend them please help me

I provide childcare for parents in and around Tulsa,Ok.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silla710
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:57 PM

No offense but what difference would it make. Why does it matter what religion they are? I would just bake a cake or something if you want to bring something over to them.  

KalistaW
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Mormons are completely normal people. I'm not sure how you'd "know she is Mormon"..unless they are FLDS which is COMPLETELY different from the LDS. Anyways, you can pretty much take them anything. I'm sure they'd love it.

BigMamaHeidi
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:58 PM

Mormons eat the same food as everyone else (for the most part). Just leave out coffee, soda and anything alcoholic. Most of the Mormons I have known disallow alcohol and caffeine. But its not like you were going to bring them a 12-pack of Coke anyway LOL

Gypsy-Eyed-Mom

lol My husband is a Mormon and he said. "We love cookies." But they are just like everyone else. The only thing the religion says are no-nos are caffine, and things like that. (ie:caffine Nicotine, alhchol, drugs.)

My husband is from Tulsa too! =)

MikeysMom51108

Some religions don't eat certain foods, and some require that the food be cooked a certain way. I think that's what the OP was getting at....

Quoting silla710:

No offense but what difference would it make. Why does it matter what religion they are? I would just bake a cake or something if you want to bring something over to them.  

southernjess3
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM

no tea either..

Quoting Gypsy-Eyed-Mom:

lol My husband is a Mormon and he said. "We love cookies." But they are just like everyone else. The only thing the religion says are no-nos are caffine, and things like that. (ie:caffine Nicotine, alhchol, drugs.)

My husband is from Tulsa too! =)

CafeMom Tickers

bluesky51201
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I wouldn't take anything that had caffeine or alcohol in it.

silla710
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Ahh ok...

Quoting MikeysMom51108:

Some religions don't eat certain foods, and some require that the food be cooked a certain way. I think that's what the OP was getting at....

Quoting silla710:

kyle84niki
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:01 PM

how do i know what kind of mormans they are? another neighbor told me they were mormans, growing up i had a best friend that wasmorman and i knew that her parents were strict and i didnt know if they had any dietary limits. so it does matter.

i just want to welcome them

I provide childcare for parents in and around Tulsa,Ok.

lilysmommy330
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Food is food...:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)