Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does this lead to cheating.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM
  • 81 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you stay pretty and in shape?

Options:

Yep, my husband wants a hot wife.

yep, but i dont care what dh thinks

nope. He can like me messy and over weight.

he likes me messy

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 176

View Results

Do you think wives letting themselves go, (not putting on make up, not fixing their hair, not taking care of them selves, gaining weight ect) adds to men cheating?

Do you think women staying "pretty, and primped" would cut divorce rates?? Do you think men wouldnt cheat as much? Do you stay pretty or do you not care?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HaydensMommy007
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:15 PM

I have a somewhat lengthy response to this but the kids just finished their lunch so Im gonna put them down for a nap and come back to this thread

~It only hurts when I'm breathing, my heart only breaks when it's beating, my dreams only die when I'm dreaming. So I hold my breath to forget.~

ganfield_c

i dont "stay pretty" but i dont let myself go. I dont wear makeup but i never really have. and i dont often do my hair, i have a 5, 4 yr old and a 10 mo old. i dont have time. and i could really care less. if he wants someone who is gonna dress all out and do her hair and makeup and thats all he cares about then let him leave. 

cornucopia

AngelicaRenee

i'm not overweight but i don't bother to put on make up and all that unless we're going somewhere. I do shower every day though. I think it's pretty shallow if a guy were to cheat for those reasons.

ganfield_c
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM

exactly

Quoting AngelicaRenee:

i'm not overweight but i don't bother to put on make up and all that unless we're going somewhere. I do shower every day though. I think it's pretty shallow if a guy were to cheat for those reasons.

cornucopia

JakeandEmmasMom

I don't believe that has anything to do with whether or not a man will cheat.  I can't tell you how many men I've known personally or heard of who cheated on their wives with women who were ugly and the wife was attractive.  I'm sure that there are men who will use the wife's attractiveness, or lack thereof, as an excuse.  But I don't believe that is ever the actual reason.  I mean, Halle Berry was cheated on by her husband for crying out loud.

akataml

Its funny cause i've been so sick for the last while i look like hell.Literally, i went from 30 years old to a 80 yr old in a matter of weeks.lol i looked bad. I made a comment lastnight to my husband because i finually got my colour back and had the energy to make myself not look like death, and hubby told me that even with boogers comming out of everyhole in my face and clad in sweats, slippers and a blanket, i still looked beautiful. 

clown.gif Pennywise image by doubleplusundeadmeenuswine_flu.gif swine flu lol image by bboyneko

Alexz_Mommy

WHAT!?!  Either he loves ME FOR ME or he likes me for my looks, which is it???

zoeysmom331

I think any man who uses the excuse 'well you let yourself go' as an excuse for cheating is a piece of s^#&.

in love            toddler girl       puppy     baby dust
Craig and Jen       Zoey Jane        Stella       TTC #2
  5-30-09            3-31-05

airforewifenmom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

LOL for the record........I am one of those moms who really does not give a ****. I wear whatever I feel like wearing, and what not. I dont put on make up unless I am going out, which is rare..........I have better things to do. 

simplee_me
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:17 PM

Hmmmm.

Well since cheating is a choice. And each individual who chooses to cheat has their own reasons or justifications for doing so.

I guess it would be plausible that some would  use this as their justification or reason.

Ultimately, in my opinion. A cheater's reasons or justifications for their actions really do not matter. Because regardless of those things,  they made a choice to cheat. When they could have been proactive instead and addressed the issues in their marriage/relationship  that they were unhappy about with their partner and put in the effort together to work out those issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)