Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I weird?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:32 PM
  • 23 Replies

DH says I am!
I have a big knife in every room (All way out of DD's reach!)
I have 2 in the living room, where I am most of the time.
I have been stalked before. I had a lady that had come into my job threatening me, just enough to not cross the line for me to be able to press charges. She followed me home one day.
I am always scared of that happening again and me not being able to defend myself!
Is it weird to have weapons hidden in every room?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJmum
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:33 PM

I have a gun on each floor and one I carry in my purse.

themacs4
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

It seems a little odd to me, but if it makes you feel safe, then that's all that matters.

KalistaW
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:34 PM

I don't think it's weird, but it's never something I would do with children in the home.

NessaLovesEmma
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:35 PM

It seems like you may need some counseling. I don't know how I would cope with something like that happening to me. It seems a little strange to have weapons in every room, but heck if I was stalked, I may do the same. You should feel safe in your own home. Can you add more locks to the doors instead?

isra1986
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:37 PM

They are way out of her reach, by tiem she can reach them, she will be old enough to understand not to touch them. (On top of my entertainment center, above the mirror on my dresser, on top of the fridge and bathroom cabinet)

Quoting KalistaW:

I don't think it's weird, but it's never something I would do with children in the home.

gabe11-14
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:38 PM

No I do the same, When Jim and I were first married he worked overnights and was gone for a good chunk of the day most days. I had a man start stalking me and he attempted to break in twice while Jim was gone at work. We have since moved and have had no other incidents but I just don't feel safe without at least a knife to protect myself.

*There are only so many "Good Guys" in this world, I got lucky and was blessed with 2 of the best.

RissaBusch
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:39 PM

Hahaha weird? No, trust me I've seen worse.  My old roommate was practically a walking one person Army.

RissaBusch
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:40 PM

Oh and when my husband was deployed, I slept in our living room on the hide-a-bed.  If someone was going to come in, lol, I wanted to be right there.  I figured I'd either die quicker, scare the hell out of them, or maybe even defend myself.

Septpreggo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:41 PM

i have the opposite problem i have this wierd phobia that sharp knives, barbecue skewers, scissors etc are going to somehow stab me, poke my eyes out, or hurt my dd

sometimes i cant even look at or touch them cuz im AFRAID ILL ACCIDENTLY GET HURT

briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:41 PM

I agree with this. When I am home alone, I keep a bat near me. Not dangerous for the kids, but I could whoop some ass with it! Just a thought.

Quoting KalistaW:

karma.jpg Karma image by Wozny_01

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)