Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pap Screaning and Our Govt.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:55 PM
  • 10 Replies

Someone posted something about this today and started blaming our govt. about it, so I decided to do some research on my own. Yes the new guidelines for pap screaning might change, but is not something that was proposed by our govt. or Obama, ,like others want to blame. It was proposed by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.  Here is a link to article.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/HealthyLiving/guidelines-ditch-annual-pap-smears/story?id=9131632

Lilypie Baby Ticker

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:56 PM

It's just easier for haters to place the blame on Obama.

karma.jpg Karma image by Wozny_01

linnet4
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 4:59 PM

Is every easy for people to point fingers at someone or something they don't know anything about it.

Quoting briansmommy7143:

It's just easier for haters to place the blame on Obama.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

KT9105
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Also it's a guildline, not gospel.  There will be exceptions.

As I said in the other post, some people don't need yearly paps.  I don't.  I've been getting them since I was 19 and haven't had an abnormal one yet.  My doctor - back in February (loooonng before the new guildlines were proposed) told me I could skip 2010 since I had my 2009 pap done and it was ok, but it was up to me.  My best friend on the other hand, must have paps done every year at least.  She's had a handful of abnormal ones.  Necessity for each woman will be determined by her and her doctor.

tscritch
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM

You mean you didn't just automatically believe what you were told AND did your own research? Why that's just crazy!!! :-)

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:10 PM

didn't you hear?  all bad things are the fault of obama and the dems.  but if its a good thing, palin and the gop were behind it...lmao.

linnet4
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:13 PM

HALF OF THE SHIT PEOPLE POST ON HERE YOU HAVE TO QUESTION.

Quoting tscritch:

You mean you didn't just automatically believe what you were told AND did your own research? Why that's just crazy!!! :-)

Lilypie Baby Ticker

edwardsgirl
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I think people are just confusing the new breast cancer screening guidelines with today's new cervical cancer screening guidelines.

The breast cancer guidelines were done by the Federal task force; the cervical cancer guidelines were done by the ACOG. Neither have a thing to do with the passing of the healthcare reform bill. 

linnet4

I'm one of those that will require yearly paps, because in the past I have had some come back abnormals.. I think this should be based on the risk of the person and determine like you said between patient and their doctors.

Quoting KT9105:

Also it's a guildline, not gospel.  There will be exceptions.

As I said in the other post, some people don't need yearly paps.  I don't.  I've been getting them since I was 19 and haven't had an abnormal one yet.  My doctor - back in February (loooonng before the new guildlines were proposed) told me I could skip 2010 since I had my 2009 pap done and it was ok, but it was up to me.  My best friend on the other hand, must have paps done every year at least.  She's had a handful of abnormal ones.  Necessity for each woman will be determined by her and her doctor.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

linnet4

Nope not a damn thing. But is easier to blame Obama

Quoting edwardsgirl:

I think people are just confusing the new breast cancer screening guidelines with today's new cervical cancer screening guidelines.

The breast cancer guidelines were done by the Federal task force; the cervical cancer guidelines were done by the ACOG. Neither have a thing to do with the passing of the healthcare reform bill. 

Lilypie Baby Ticker

marmie41
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:20 PM

Of course it is.....and I will admit that if my Thanksgiving dinner does not turn out the way I want....then I will be blaming Obama and the dems.....since I am Republican whose else is there to blame.  LOL  

Quoting linnet4:

Nope not a damn thing. But is easier to blame Obama

Quoting edwardsgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)