Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm getting a job.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:37 PM
  • 6 Replies

So, I just had to get this out but I'm finally getting a job.  Financially, I don't really need a job.  We do fine without me having a job.  I didn't want a job because I don't particularly trust DH with the kids, if I had to put the kids in daycare I wouldn't make any money, and I was worried about having to do everything on top of having a job.  Well, I'm just going to do it. 

I think it will make me feel better.  I'm counting on a job at the daycare here---that offers discounted daycare plus $14/hour.  So, in the end I would be making minimum wage, but with childcare included.  I'm excited and nervous.  I think this will be a big confidence boost.  I just had to share.

For the moms with young kids and have really busy [school, work, husband, house, kids] lifestyles, how do you get through?  Are you really proud of yourself at the end of the day?  I'm hoping I will!!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
im23vaughn
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Congrats! I am soooo jealous LOL just kidding. I want a job too. My SO makes great money but from 830am - 330pm I am soooo bored! LOL I just want to get out of the house and be around people. Congrats!

raegansmom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Congratulations!!!!

I have a DH, a 2 year old DD, 2 jobs(one part time & the other I make my own hours & work only when I want/ need to) and the rest of the daily house stuff.  I wish I could say I was proud of myself at the end of the day but mostly I am just tired & thinking about everything i did not get done.  & if I did get a lot done, I am thinking I did not spend enough time with DD.  Gotta love mommy guilt.

kittymom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Congrats!!!  The advice that I was given and really pays off is to plan ahead and stay organized and things will work out with a lot less stress.  Plus - if it wasn't before, your crock pot is now your best friend.  :-) 

Oh and I almost forgot, when we all get home together we have family time before we eat.  We sit down and we start with DD and ask her how her day was.  DH and I listen until she is done, then her and DH will then ask me and then DD and I will ask DH.  Once that is done, then we get dinner.

LittleMomma13
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:55 PM

I'm sorry but I'm just wondering why you don't trust your Dh with your children? and be careful daycares can be rough. especially for those who are mom's. I worked in a daycare with my son and it was hard just because I couldn't act like mom anymore even when he was crying.

vatofamily
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Sorry it took me a minute to get back to you.  I don't trust him with the boys because when Martie [my oldest] was about a year and a half, I decided to go to school [real school--not online].  He was okay for a little, but then he started sleeping when he was supposed to be watching Martie and there were serious issues with it.  Since then, I cannot trust him.  He does do better now---we've had a lot of other issues---but that fear in the back of my head will never, ever go away.

Quoting LittleMomma13:

I'm sorry but I'm just wondering why you don't trust your Dh with your children? and be careful daycares can be rough. especially for those who are mom's. I worked in a daycare with my son and it was hard just because I couldn't act like mom anymore even when he was crying.

LittleMomma13
by on Nov. 21, 2009 at 12:22 AM

oh ok i can respect that. Good luck to you momma

Quoting vatofamily:

Sorry it took me a minute to get back to you.  I don't trust him with the boys because when Martie [my oldest] was about a year and a half, I decided to go to school [real school--not online].  He was okay for a little, but then he started sleeping when he was supposed to be watching Martie and there were serious issues with it.  Since then, I cannot trust him.  He does do better now---we've had a lot of other issues---but that fear in the back of my head will never, ever go away.

Quoting LittleMomma13:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)