Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids picking on my 3 year son

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:49 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok well today we went to the park. my son is big for his age, he was in speech therapy but got out of if about..a year or so ago. but the kids at the park were so mean!! he was trying to play and talk with them but they were like i dont know what you are saying you sound like an old man. just being mean. the thing that really pisses me off is that the parents were right there and they didnt say anything! i dont want my  son to be picked on. when i was in school i got picked on alot and i dont what  my son to go though that too. i just feel so bad about it! i just wish he has friends his own age! ok i feel a little better now! thanks for listening. also has this happed to youll? do you youll do about it.

the kids were maybe 5 to 10!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
alli1204
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:52 PM

I'm sorry this happened!  No parent likes other children being mean to their child.  The only thing I would do is say, "Come on _______ it doesn't look like these children know how to be good friends"

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:53 PM

Well, it is sad that kids do that and even worse when their parents don't correct them, but you are going to have to prepare your son for possibly being teased.  Most kids get teased at some point.  Letting him know it happens, teaching him the appropriate things, and the best ways to handle it will do a kid a world of good.  They will be ready for it instead of feeling confused and hurt.

Rychelle
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:53 PM

im sorry you son was being picked on. how old are the kids that were saying this.. if there were 3 a well, you have to give them alittle slack since they are so young and they prob couldnt understand him ya know. at that point the parent could step and and explain to their child how everyone is different etc.. but i dont think they were purposfully trying to hurt your sons feelings but it still hurts as a parent to witness it all

ErikaM27
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 5:57 PM

so sorry , if you were closer we could have play dates my son has no friends he's not in school yet.

But when he gets picked on I let him handle his battles. I do tell him to not let anyone bully him. I can't be there to protect him when he goes to school so he knows and he will tell someone to leave him alone if they're being mean. I dont know some kids can be mean and like you said parents don't tell them to stop the behavior. He was being bullied at the park once this little boy didn't want to let him pass through a certain part of the playground and he told my dh , dh told him to tell the little boy to stop. Well the little boy did it again and sure enough my ds told him STOP!! So then they started playing LOL.

Do you want to vent? Join my group!! WTF

itsnotaclowncar
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:05 PM
I would have said something to them myself, I have b fore when older kids are mean at the park. Good thing is at 3 he probably had no clue they were being mean. But I know how u feel mama, I've been there.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)