Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who would do this? its awful!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM
  • 17 Replies

okay today i went to visit one of my close friends that works at a nursing home. Her and this other co worker where talking about a young women who passed away. Well the story was that it was late night a little before midnight and she was driving home from work. Well she lived out in the country. Well the road she was on had no stops so she just kept driving on like any other orinary day.

When a 19 yr old boy driving a ford F150 truck failed to stop at a stop sign. She was only 24 yrs old and 8 months pregnant and was driving a tiny honda and she was wearing her seat belt. What disturbs me about this story is that the 19 yr old kept on driving did not stop at all. You would think he drove home to call 911 think again he drove home, told his parents, then they drove him to the hospital then after being admitted they told the staff that worked their where the accident happened.

2 hours later police arrived at the scene, apparently the women's seat belt had cut her artery at the neck and she bled out slowly and died. They couldnt save the child or the mother yet police officers said that if it was reported sooner they could have at least saved the child. How can someone just drive off after being in a horrible accident? What happen to doing the right thing? can anyone in the world have any compasion knowing that their might be another human bein in grave danger? I dont understand why the boy couldnt have waited there or called the cops from his parents place! its just awful! oohh a few days later the 19 yr was given a ticket for failture to yield at a stop sign. how sad is that!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iceprincess29
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:03 PM

He should be charged with murder. What a little asshole and his parents are not any better. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:04 PM

He should have to go to jail for murder!

If I was the family of that young lady, I would be suing him and his family!

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:06 PM

Sounds like the parents were just as much at fault.  They should have called BEFORE they took him to the hospital!

mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:10 PM

I really, really hope they charge him with murder for both the mother and child.

tashamomof3grls
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:14 PM

Quoting iceprincess29:

He should be charged with murder. What a little asshole and his parents are not any better. 

that is so true!  how could they drive him to the ER and someone not have at least called 911.  thats 2 counts of murder.  and he got  away with an effin ticket for failure to yield?!?!?  that pisses me off so i could only imagine how the family of the victims feel.  i would push for  charges if it would have been my family.

29again
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:18 PM

At the least he should get vehicular homicide!!! times two!!!  But I have to say that it fits with what our society is becoming.  The parents don't want to believe that their little Johnny could do something so terrible, so they convince themselves that it was someone else's fault, or it was something beyond his control, therefore, not his fault.  A glaring instance of a lack of personal responsibility!  I would bet anything I have that this is not the first time soneone was hurt because of him, yet he took no blame due to the fact that it wasn't his fault somehow.

cmb121906
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Our justice system is FUCKED up, to say the very least!! He needs to be charged with vehicular homicide.

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

enchantingspa
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:22 PM

I feel just sickened for the family that lost this woman and the unborn child.  How incredibly horrible to have to go through that and to know they probably could of at least saved one of their lives had he just called for help. I just don't know what has happened with people well some people I should say.  They just seem to have this all about me attitude.  I am seeing it more and more with the younger ones and it is scary to think this is our future.  I am so glad I taught my kids right from wrong and empathy as well.  Empathy is becoming extinct very rapidly and it is something everyone should possess but sadly it is a dying art.  It is sad the parents did not at least call 911 before or even on the way to taking their son to the hospital I guess they thought he would not be caught for FSRA (failure to stop and render aid).  I think the penalties for this should be way stronger then they are to be honest it should be at least a murder 2 conviction unfortunately they usually only end up with vehicular man slaughter and it is pretty much a slap on the wrist.

momof2jmms
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:25 PM

It reminds me of the Chappaquiddick accident. For you younger moms you might have to google it. 

rayzensun
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:28 PM

why wasn't he charged with leaving the scene of an accident?

or negligent manslaughter?

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)