Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about gay marriage when they are at the alter.

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM
  • 7 Replies

When two women or two men get married, what does the pastor or whoever say when it comes to saying I now pronounce you.............

Is it I now pronounce you man and man or woman and woman or something else?

This is what your admission looks like behind closed doors!

A lifetime of abuse and lockdown

Click for more info!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Chuck and Larry??

No, j/k.  They say it however the couple wishes.  It is often husband and husband/wife and wife.

cmb121906
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Quoting myfoursonsks:

Chuck and Larry??

No, j/k.  They say it however the couple wishes.  It is often husband and husband/wife and wife.

Haha. This was just a random thought that popped into my mind and it was bugging me. I didn't know if there was a specific label they used like man & wife or husband & wife for heterosexuals. .

Click for more info!

CarolynS898
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:01 PM

Husband and Husaband/ Wife and wife.

Quoting cmb121906:

When two women or two men get married, what does the pastor or whoever say when it comes to saying I now pronounce you.............

Is it I now pronounce you man and man or woman and woman or something else?

metalmama406
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I now pronounce you parnters in life..

cmb121906
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Quoting metalmama406:

I now pronounce you parnters in life

Ahhh, good one. Didn't even cross my mind. Makes sense, thank you.

Click for more info!

chairhead28
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I'm not sure. But I'd assume they'd ask the couple beforehand, KWIM? I know when DH and I got married we didn't want an overly religious ceremony (we're not religious at all and do not believe in any type of organized religion) and we told the person that married us to not put any bible verses or references in our ceremony. So, I guess they'd just ask the couple. I would assume they'd say "man and man, husband and husband, woman and woman or wife and wife." 

I'm Kristina. I'm a married (to my high school sweetheart, Bobby), breastfeeding (and child-led weaning), co-sleeping, baby wearing, ERF, solid delaying, vegetarian (for over 16 years), vaccinating, disposable diapering, gentle disciplining, full-time college student, House MD loving, anorexia, self-injury and sexually abuse recovering, Fibromyalgia suffering SAHM to a handsome boy (Daniel Matthew 5.5.07) and my darling little boobie monster (Ryleigh Madison 9.13.08).

People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available.  ~Chele Marmet

metalmama406
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:05 PM

yw.. my sister married her gf last year....

Quoting cmb121906:

Quoting metalmama406:

I now pronounce you parnters in life

Ahhh, good one. Didn't even cross my mind. Makes sense, thank you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)