Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

'Tis the season! HELP!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:44 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hi Everyone!

What are your holiday season traditions??  We always put up the xmas decorations the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  We bake cookies for Santa on xmas eve.  We adopt an angel.  I want to implement more tranditions for me and my DD, but I'm out of ideas!  I come from workaholic parents who weren't big into holidays. 

So.... share your ideas and traditions please?!?!  I need good ideas!  Thanks!

Beth

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM

We drive around and look at christmas lights.

Cinnamon buns and hot cocoa on christmas morning.

church

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:48 PM

This year we are thinking about going to a movie christmas night

Beth5289
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Thanks for responding! 

We have an xmas light thing at the lake here.  I always forget about that!

Beth

Beth5289
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Ohhh... what movie??

Quoting FooLynRoo:

Beth

newmommyas1107
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:55 PM

As I child I used to drive around a look at lights on other peoples house. 
We watch a christmas movie every Friday and Saturday night. usually whatever is on that is good for my child to watch. So mostly cartoons. Since she will be 2 this year.
This year we are going to sit down and write a letter to Santa. 
We will take one saturday out of the month of Dec. to take Jennafyr up to see Santa at the mall.
We also are thinking about going to church this year as a whole family. last year my husabnd was the only one that went since my daughter was sick.

aimige
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM

We drive around town looking at lights on Christmas Eve..we also pick a new ornament each year..the kids get their own and DH and I get one together.

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:57 PM

I don'tknow yet, but my son is 15, usually we are late at relatives houses until late playing games etc, but this year my son wants to know if we can do the movies, I know there is something comming out on dec 25 that prompted it.I just can't think of it right now.

So we will see.

Quoting Beth5289:

Ohhh... what movie??

Quoting FooLynRoo:

allycally
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 7:59 PM

The new Alvin and the Chipmuks(sp) comes out on CHristmas day this year..Thats where well be christmas night. 

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:02 PM

Oh , I dont think thats the one he wanted to see, but we do want to see that, my son is 15 but he loves Alvin and the Chipmunks. And since he heard

Mathew grey Gubler ( the brilliant young dr reid)does the voice for Simon I know he was excited about seeing it eventually, but it might be something else too.. damn.. i wish i could remember

Just texted him.. its Sherlock Holmes he wants to see

Quoting allycally:

The new Alvin and the Chipmuks(sp) comes out on CHristmas day this year..Thats where well be christmas night. 

ariesp19
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Quoting aimige:

We drive around town looking at lights on Christmas Eve..we also pick a new ornament each year..the kids get their own and DH and I get one together.

the kids get a new one each year, with there name, and the year... we get a family one each year also...

we decorate the tree right after thanksgiving... we watch xmas shows/movies near daily after thanksgiving also... we bake cookies, we wright santa..

we also 'adoupt' a family each year to give gifts too.. last year a family here on cafe mom.....

we listen to xmas carals..... we look at lights

as of may

treadmilljumping ropescrapbooking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)