Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help im almost in tears....

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM
  • 17 Replies

im 25 weeks preggers and i am having the most horrific migraine headache i have ever had!  im on the vurge of tears!!!!  i dont take medication i mean anything at all but i think i might have to! so please forgive me for being a dumba** on the subject but can someone point me in the right direction? what should i take??? i have tried all of my home remedies and nothing is helpin... i would really appreciate the help :/

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
preciouschild
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:35 PM

I would call your dr and ask them what they suggest

tootsie-roll

take some tyenol...and go lay down in a dark room with a warm rag on ur head...

i get migraines...and i know u can take tyenol and be ok with being preggo.... 

me2

allyson2212

I know some doctors prescribe pain meds for migraines when your pregnant, and there are some migraine meds that you cant take. But unfortunately thats about they only direction I can lead you, unless its just Tylenol! Sorry!!! You might look it up at somewhere like www.babycenter.com or similar.  

kyle84niki

pepermint oil

I provide childcare for parents in and around Tulsa,Ok.

WildKat
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:36 PM

ASK your OB ... I can't remember if it's Tylenol or Ibuprofin that's safe when you're pregnant, but you can also try a warmish bath (not hot) a dark quiet room, a massage, if you can find a good accupressurist that has worked for me.  Also, if they're sinus related, try a neti pot. Also those cheesy "migraine ICE" patches at the drugstore, it's basically a cold/hot pack that's adhesive and sticks to your forehead/neck/whatever.  Caffiene works for me, but I have to catch it early for that to work - and it's probably not recommended while pregnant.

Good luck and hope you feel better soon.

Peace,

Kat

luving-mom-of-2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I got migraines terrible when I was pregnant, too.  I get them where I lose my vision and my fingers get tingly.  Tylenol is really the only thing that you can take while pregnant.  Put a warm washcloth on your forehead and go lay down in a dark room and try to get some rest.  Good luck and I hope you feel better soon!

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

SnoBuny
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I would call your doc. Even afterhours. They can call in something that is safe. The stress and rise in blood pressure is not great on you and your baby so I would see what they reccomend.

mamabeth4180
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:38 PM

This. You need to call the DR if you want some migrane meds, or anything stronger than tylenol.

Red is supposed to help migranes. If you have a red towel or shirt or something try placing it over your eyes, and laying down. I'm sorry hon :(

Quoting allyson2212:

I know some doctors prescribe pain meds for migraines when your pregnant, and there are some migraine meds that you cant take. But unfortunately thats about they only direction I can lead you, unless its just Tylenol! Sorry!!! You might look it up at somewhere like www.babycenter.com or similar.  

sarahcastillo

take some tylonol and drink a strong cup of coffee, caffine will help with a migraine, and it is alright to drink one cup while pregnant as long as you are not over doing the caffine over a long period of time. you and baby will be fine!

little.miss.mom

Take a tylenol lay in a dark quiet room if smells don't make you nauseous (my migraines smells make me sick) light a soothing scented candle and have a cup of warm tea.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)