Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

CIO at 2.5 years. gah!

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:34 PM
  • 5 Replies

Seriously....thats what bedtime feels like now.  I can't sleep, I am scared, I have to poo, I dropped something, there is a spider.  She will say anything to get me in there and then say "I can't sleep, canI have another story?".  Gah!!!

So now she is in her bed crying cause she doesn't want to sleep.  How long does this phase last?  Cause I hate it.  :(

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
twinmamaof3
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I am sorry!  hopefully it will only last 3 days or so.  that is what happened with my son.  My oldest anyways, the twins who are two havent done anything like that, but my three year old freaks out if we close the door, but if we leave the door open a tad he will go straight to sleep apparently he is afraid of the dark.

Avabliss
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't let her cry as an infant cause I didn't have to (she was a great sleeper until this fall) so I have no idea when to go in or not.  :(  I don't want to ignore her needs BUT I don't want her to think she will scream and I will come running.  :((

It is such a hard balance!! 

twinmamaof3
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:48 PM

I understand and honestly when my son was two had just turned two (this is the three year old) he was sleeping in me and hubbys room, when i went out of town for three days hubby put up the baby gate and let him cio.  It def worked y the time I got home he was a pro at sleeping in his bed, we didnt have anymore problems.  Util he got scared of the dark but he is ok with that now.  It is hard, im sure i wouldnt have beenn able to habdle it if I was home.

Quoting Avabliss:

Thanks for the reply!

I didn't let her cry as an infant cause I didn't have to (she was a great sleeper until this fall) so I have no idea when to go in or not.  :(  I don't want to ignore her needs BUT I don't want her to think she will scream and I will come running.  :((

It is such a hard balance!! 

TheSinFamily
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM

my 4 and 2 year olds try to pull that sometimes too. If they get out of bed, they get a timeout. If they are in bed but just crying or talking, I tell them it's bed time and then ignore them. Just stick to your guns and she'll get it!

Avabliss
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:03 PM

Ya I am hoping this is a just a bad week and not a new thing.... It is so hard to hear it!  It breaks my heart!!!

Quoting TheSinFamily:

my 4 and 2 year olds try to pull that sometimes too. If they get out of bed, they get a timeout. If they are in bed but just crying or talking, I tell them it's bed time and then ignore them. Just stick to your guns and she'll get it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)