Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

concerned. might sound stupid..

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM
  • 12 Replies

alright. my 3 1/2 month old son started "talking" quite a bit ago. but lately he YELLS his "words" all the time. not crying or whining. just yelling... shouting basically. i am not sure if that is normal, if he is just practicing or what. but dh made a point tonight that worried me. he and i have been fighting NONSTOP for months. i am leaving, blah blah. but that is beside the point. point was, he asked me tonight could he be doing this because we have been. i know we shouldnt, but we yell ALL the time. its very rare that we have a normal conversation.. just wondering if this is normal for babies this age, or is he learning it from us...

thanks for reading.. please bump if you arent sure. this is bothering me quite a bit right now. also, save your bashing and shit talk if you've got any.

*rachael

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:45 PM

I would say it's very possible that he's learning it from you, especially if it's a new onset. Try to be more conscience of yelling with your son around and see if that helps. Or maybe have his hearing checked.

MJZ1777HAPPYHOLIDAYS.gif HAPPY HOLIDAYS image by jiminycricket46

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Quoting mrsjedwards:

alright. my 3 1/2 month old son started "talking" quite a bit ago. but lately he YELLS his "words" all the time. not crying or whining. just yelling... shouting basically. i am not sure if that is normal, if he is just practicing or what. but dh made a point tonight that worried me. he and i have been fighting NONSTOP for months. i am leaving, blah blah. but that is beside the point. point was, he asked me tonight could he be doing this because we have been. i know we shouldnt, but we yell ALL the time. its very rare that we have a normal conversation.. just wondering if this is normal for babies this age, or is he learning it from us...

thanks for reading.. please bump if you arent sure. this is bothering me quite a bit right now. also, save your bashing and shit talk if you've got any.

*rachael

I would think its normal babies are trying out their vocal chords., but im also sure the raised tones in the people around him are also influencing him

luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:46 PM

dd did that, and she still does it...lol...i dont think there is anything to worry about...but you should try not to argue in front of him

PrOuD_fL_MoMmY

i think it could be that..but when me and my siblings were growing up, my brother had a hearing problem && yelled constantly. they cant hear that they are doing it. maybe that could be the problem. but kids definately can pick up the yelling if they hear it alot:)

BrittLawless

I have the same problem with my 14month old she yells all the time not out of anger just to do it I guess for attention. My husband yells at the tv a lot so I think she gets it from him lol.

mrsjedwards

thank you, i didnt even think of this. 

Quoting briansmommy7143:

I would say it's very possible that he's learning it from you, especially if it's a new onset. Try to be more conscience of yelling with your son around and see if that helps. Or maybe have his hearing checked.

anetrnlov

Could be a bit of both but mainly, I think, he is learning that his voice has different ranges.

I thought I was going to go crazy before my kids stopped getting such a kick out of the fact that they learned to yell/squeal.

wedding website

mrsjedwards
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:48 PM

lol i hope he just learned it and thinks it is fun :( i would hate to go into the pedi and her tell me to shut my big trap once in a while

Quoting anetrnlov:

Could be a bit of both but mainly, I think, he is learning that his voice has different ranges.

I thought I was going to go crazy before my kids stopped getting such a kick out of the fact that they learned to yell/squeal.

gabe11-14
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:49 PM

It might be that, or he might just like the sound of his voice. My son loves to yell he thinks it's funny when he gets us to say shhh lol.

*There are only so many "Good Guys" in this world, I got lucky and was blessed with 2 of the best.

briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 8:50 PM

I'm sorry! I thought you said he was 3.5 YEARS old. At that early of an age, I would agree with the poster that said he is probably just playing with his vocal chords.... but yes, you should try not to argue in front of him.

Quoting mrsjedwards:

thank you, i didnt even think of this. 

Quoting briansmommy7143:

MJZ1777HAPPYHOLIDAYS.gif HAPPY HOLIDAYS image by jiminycricket46

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)