Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poligamy Relationship

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

My SO just informed me that he has IN THE PAST been in a Poligamy Relationship.... Im not sure what to think... We've been together for almost 3 yrs and He's just now telling me... Now I don't have an issue with it at all as long as its consenting adults... Im just a little confused on why he didn't tell me before... I will admit I am a little wierded out KWIM??

How would U feel if ur DH/SO told u after X-amount of time together that he had had a Poligmaist Relationship?? would it bother u or I guess weirded u out even a little?? Am I over reacting or not?

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:14 PM

I would have thought he would have told you before now...But ...you are OK with this...Then I would let it go...and hope there are no more secrets!!!!!

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

rayzensun
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:15 PM

I wouldn't care....

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
simplee_me
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Wouldn't matter to me.

What my husband did in his past relationships, and how those relationships where conducted. Have no bearing on me, and my relationship with him.

Unless of course, he was telling me this because he would like to have a poli relationship involving me. Which if that were the case, It would be a no go on that one for me, and I would tell him so.

My past relationships have no bearing on my present one.. And I don't think they should have any bearing on this one.. I feel the same about my husband's past relationships.

RheaF
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM

Eh, the past is the past. We dont talk about previous BF/GF, no need really. Maybe yours felt a little guilty about it? I would be weirded out. Unless of course he wants to start one now and your not into it. Then I would say something.

Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of our Lord Jesus Christ.    ~Proclamation, September 23,1995~

Avabliss
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:17 PM

I would probably high five him.  :) 

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

apeclark2008
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:19 PM

LOL...

and to the PP No he doesn't want one now... he was in the relationship with a married couple... Im just IDK.. Not upset just wondering why he didn't say something before...

Quoting Avabliss:

I would probably high five him.  :) 

RissaBusch
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

It wouldn't bother me but then again, polygamy between consenting adults doesn't bother me either. 

lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I'd be a bit weirded out..But I'd get over it as long as he wasn't married to any of them... 

SLGross215
by Sarah on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM

It wouldn't bother me at all. The past is the past.

FotoFlexer_Animation.gif Mine picture by SLGross215

skisbufly1
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM

Quoting RheaF:

Eh, the past is the past. We dont talk about previous BF/GF, no need really. Maybe yours felt a little guilty about it? I would be weirded out. Unless of course he wants to start one now and your not into it. Then I would say something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)