Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM
  • 12 Replies

Potty training your little guy? My son is going to be a year and a half Dec 4. He already brings us a diaper and says "poop" or he'll come to us diaper in hand, lay on the ground in front of us, and just wait for us to change him. We think he could definately be ready, just wondering if you think its too early? He's already in his "big boy" undies and loving it.! (just for the past hour)

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LuvinMyBoynGirl
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:23 PM

OH I forgot to mention. when he tells us he has poop. we check and he really does have poop

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM

I would say it is a good time to start.

tysmommy0418
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM

my ds is 2 1/2 and we tried at 16 mos but he was really reluctant an again at 2 but still nothing. now he goes on the 'big potty'  about 80% of the time. he still has his moments but were definitely making really good progress. were hoping hell be fully potty trained by his 3rd bday in april. try it out you never know. good luck.ttc#2

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:24 PM

My oldest Ds wasnt started til he was 3 because his bm didnt want to...my DD hwoever was completly PT by 18 months

JJJMommyKris
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM

I haven't completely started yet, just prep work but the book that I am reading says that when your baby is doing things like you listed, that they are probably ready. It is an individual thing I think. Good luck! I hope to join you as a potty trained momma soon!

LuvinMyBoynGirl
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

thanks! BUMP 

mamivon2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:26 PM

well my son started going potty during the summer time and it went fine. He is was 2. Then in dec he had surgery on his testicels and was all swollen so there went the potty for at least 3 months

LuvinMyBoynGirl
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:27 PM

I hope so too! Feel free to message me, maybe we can help eachother out

Quoting JJJMommyKris:

I haven't completely started yet, just prep work but the book that I am reading says that when your baby is doing things like you listed, that they are probably ready. It is an individual thing I think. Good luck! I hope to join you as a potty trained momma soon!

LuvinMyBoynGirl
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

lol 78 views and only 6 responces? BUMP

allycally
by Platinum Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM

I would introduce the potty:using books about the potty,movies,letting him sit....I wouldnt/dont start potty training till they wake up dry.In morning or nap time.It shows that they can more or less control their bm and urine. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)