Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ask a mom of twins...

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM
  • 6 Replies

These were pretty popular months ago and I haven't seen one in a while...until earlier.  I thought I would do a different one this time.  I'm the mom of 2 year old boy/girl twins...ask me anything!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Avabliss
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Did you give birth naturally?

Do they really keep each other company or just get each other into trouble?  lol 

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

dennysgirl07
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:50 PM

How did you react when you found out it was twins?

Were you hoping for identical? 

How old were you when you had them??

How many weeks were you when you gave birth?

And NICU time?  What were their APGAR scores?

avegajenkins
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

How r they? Active? If so, how do u deal? do you get help from family? or is it just you?

We Love OUR DADDY he is our HERO...ARMY WIFE & Mom of 3.. Missing our home..NYC

army

mamaoftwins9197
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

I really wanted to give birth naturally...vaginally with no drugs.  They gave me pitocin and I labored without an epidural.  However, they couldn't keep a heart monitor on my daughter, so we went for the C-section, much to my chagrin. Turned out for the best though, because she was born with a condition called velamentous cord insertion and she could have bled to death before being delivered if we had proceeded vaginally.  Her cord was not attached properly and could have led to serious problems.

The second question really depends on the day/time/their mood.  Most of the time, they play together and keep each other company...and keep us entertained...other times, one will distract me while the other one does something awful or they fight like any other set of siblings.  It's a lot of fun.  I cannot imagine having just one though!

Quoting Avabliss:

Did you give birth naturally?

Do they really keep each other company or just get each other into trouble?  lol 

mamaoftwins9197
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:55 PM

Quoting dennysgirl07:

How did you react when you found out it was twins?  I didn't know that twinnage came from the maternal side, so since my fiance had twin cousins, I slapped him...LOL.  I was not expecting that at all!!!

Were you hoping for identical? My mom wanted me to have identical red haired boys...I really wanted boy/girl, so I was completely ecstatic!!!

How old were you when you had them??  I was 30 and 6 days.

How many weeks were you when you gave birth?  I was induced at 37 weeks.  I would have gone into labor soon anyway because I lost my plug the morning of the induction while I was getting ready for the hospital.

And NICU time?  What were their APGAR scores?  They were born at 6 pounds 1 ounce and 6 pounds 13 ounces with no complications, therefore no NICU time.  We all came home together on day 5.  The doctor didn't give me APGAR scores.  Or she may have.  I had a lot of complications after the C-section, had to be knocked out and was on a morphine pump for 2 days...I don't really remember...LOL.

mamaoftwins9197
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:58 PM

I just recently went back to work, but up until then I was home with them and their same age cousin for the first two years.  They were/are definitely a handful, but I have no basis for comparison, so I guess it was "easy".  Daddy was home in the evenings, so I had help with meals, baths, bedtime, etc.  And luckily we live close to family, although they weren't/aren't over often.  Just like anything else, we kind of adapted to what we have.  They are very active and mischevious and into everything.  They love to run and climb and play...sometimes more than I feel like...LOL.  I'm grateful that they have each other though, because for the most part, they do play together quite well.

Quoting avegajenkins:

How r they? Active? If so, how do u deal? do you get help from family? or is it just you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)