Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I overreacting here or would you be pi$$ed too?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM
  • 59 Replies

Okay so I had asked my dh to go to the grocery store for me and pick a few things up, that I needed. So to make sure he got exactly what I wanted, I not only wrote down EXACTLY what I wanted with brand and all, but showed him online exactly what it looked like. Now keep in mind this isn't like special stuff. All it was was fat free cinnamon vanilla coffee mate, and sugar free smuckers, and fat free cottage cheese. Well he got everything except for the cottage cheese wrong. No sugar free and regular coffee mate. So he gets home and shows it to me, we I automatically told him those are not the right ones you have to take them back. Well he gets pissed at me! Calls me psycho because I will only use fat free or sugar free stuff, and then tells me that I need to stop drinking coffee. So who was really wrong here? Did I totally overreact? Now keep in mind that this is not the first time he has gotten the wrong thing when I specifically asked him for something else, and even gave him an alternative if they didn't have that. Also he managed to get what HE wanted from the store just fine, yet bitches because the store was packed and he was confused. UGH whatever why can't he just get it right!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MsDean
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:50 PM

Lol! You might be overreacting. Your hubby probobly tried but lets face it, men are not the broghtest bulbs so just be thankful that he went to the store and tried:)

NattysMommy
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:51 PM

Why the hell did you go through all that....why not just get it yourself? Lmao 

wells75904
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:52 PM

Quoting MsDean:

Lol! You might be overreacting. Your hubby probobly tried but lets face it, men are not the broghtest bulbs so just be thankful that he went to the store and tried:)

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 

Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

perphexion

Tell me about it.  One night i sent my hubby to get me chili and cheese dogs.  He brought back onions the first time then went back and brought back onions again.  What a dumbass!!!!!  So finally he comes back with the right thing.

I have been with him for 5 years and he has never seen me eat onions. 

MEN

MikeysMom51108

Go to the store yourself next time?

My husband makes mistakes too.....I try not to get upset about it though because at least he went to the store so I didn't have to....

Ebony83
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM

"If you want something done right, do it yourself" I dont send DH anywhere to get anything for me.....lol

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM

LOL!  I was thinking the same thing!  There's no way in hell that my husband would get something like that right, LOL!  Men don't read labels...they just grab :)

Quoting NattysMommy:

Why the hell did you go through all that....why not just get it yourself? Lmao 

imthatgirl728

If I were him I would have told you next time drag your own butt to the store.  Yes I think you are over reating.

yabbadabba07

I would be pissed. I mean come on man get with the program! For the first three years my husband couldn't remember that I liked burgers with JUST ketchup. He would come home with onions and mustard and pickles on them and its like HELLOOO how many times does it take before you remember this stuff? You look forward to getting those specific groceries and they bring back crap and expect you to be happy...once or twice I can forgive..but every single time. It irritates the crap out of me!

CafeMom Tickers
lil_mama06
by Brian's Lil Vixen on Nov. 20, 2009 at 9:53 PM

AWWW..He tried..Are you preggy by chance???..I just go myself when I want something special...Men just don't pay attention..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)