Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sad..:o(

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM
  • 19 Replies

My DH and I have been together for 10 years and married almost 7...We are 25 yrs old..Do the math. We have three kids ages 6, 4, and 2...Lately, I haven't been feeling that in-love feeling. I would gladly give my life for my husband, but we are just not connecting on things..He irritates me more, and frankly, I don't feel like I really turn him on..KWIM? I know he loves me, but I feel like we are getting into a rut and I AM SCARED! What do I do???

I am a vaccinating, spanking, out-spoken, full time nursing school going,  young, fitness loving mother of three beautiful hyper kids...I am a very lucky and blessed wife to Joshua.....My family IS my world..

family in the van                                                        

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sunfreezeinmi
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

I would talk to him. But I don't really know, my dh and I seem to be in a rut as well. Here's a bump anyway

tretresmom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:10 PM

Communicate.  Talk about what you are feeling and tell each other what you feel is missing.  Try going on a couple of dates & just try to remember why you fell in love. 

MsDean
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:11 PM

Time for a trip to the sex shop:)

luv-u-jmm
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:12 PM

We went to a play that was put on by the university I attend and next to us sat a couple that were sooo sweet! You could just really tell the love between..My husband never put his hand on me himself...I held his hand, but it was different..I could have cried! I told him and he didn't seem to get it.

I am a vaccinating, spanking, out-spoken, full time nursing school going,  young, fitness loving mother of three beautiful hyper kids...I am a very lucky and blessed wife to Joshua.....My family IS my world..

family in the van                                                        

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM

Ok I have been married for 8 years and last year I felt the same way as you do. I just talked to my husband and we really had to work things out. He was there for me no matter what I was feeling. I has been so much better sense I opened up to him.

luv-u-jmm
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:13 PM

LOL! Nothing new for us..:o)

Quoting MsDean:

Time for a trip to the sex shop:)

family in the van                                                        

luv-u-jmm
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Looks like I am just going to really have to bite it on this one..Time for a talk...REAL talk!

Quoting alwaysyoung:

Ok I have been married for 8 years and last year I felt the same way as you do. I just talked to my husband and we really had to work things out. He was there for me no matter what I was feeling. I has been so much better sense I opened up to him.

family in the van                                                        

kiwimango27
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:14 PM

This happens at least twice a year to my husband and I. We have been together for 7 years and married for 4. Life just starts getting in the way and you get stuck in your routines. Try to shake it up a bit. I like to reminise of when we first fell in love, then I can usually spot some of those things in him still after I think about it. :)

tretresmom
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Quoting luv-u-jmm:

We went to a play that was put on by the university I attend and next to us sat a couple that were sooo sweet! You could just really tell the love between..My husband never put his hand on me himself...I held his hand, but it was different..I could have cried! I told him and he didn't seem to get it.

Sounds to me like you really need to have a sit down conversation & lay it all out there.  Make him realize how you are feeling.  Maybe he don't know & thinks things are fine ( men are oblivious )

Lessell
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:15 PM

Talk to him about it. My husband and I have been together exactly the same amount of time and our the same age as you. =) We have been through this too. I have come to realize that these sort of things come and go... but once they pass I love him SO SO much and cannot get enough of him. It fluxuates. Talk to him... plan some dates and really just have some conversations with him. It should help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)