Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What was your reasoning behind naming your children?

Posted by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:21 PM
  • 88 Replies

DANIEL ROBERT:  I always wanted to have my dad's name as part of my son's name as a nice tribute to him. This is where Robert came in. My husband and I wanted something a little more traditional and I wanted something substantial and from the Bible preferably. This is where Daniel came from. It only took us, ohh, 8 months to come up with his first name!

JACOB RYAN:  As soon as I knew I was carrying another boy, I knew Jacob Ryan was going to be his name. ( I really think God spoke to me on that) Ryan is after his daddy. Again, I love the family names!

by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LeilaBeansMom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:23 PM

LEILA EMILY: Leila was my Nana's name, and I was VERY close to her.  I always knew I would name a daughter after her.  Emily is my very best friends name.  We have been best friends since we were 6 years old, I actually consider her a sister.

CafeMom Tickers
"A mothers love for her child is like nothing else in the world.  It knows no law, no pity; it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

isra1986
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Anisa Ismail: I fell in love with MIL's name (Anisa) the first time I saw it! And DH is a mommas boy so he agreed. Ismail is his name and it is Muslim tradition for the kids to have their fathers name as their middle name.

MarineWife1108

Emberlynn Elizabeth: I like the name Emberlynn and my mom's name is Elizabeth. I would have done Marie(mom's middle name) but my niece already has that as her middle name.

If we ever have a boy, his name will be Thomas Randolph. Thomas after DH's grandpa and Randolph after my dad. Well, my dad's name is actually just Randy but Thomas Randy doesn't sound as good.

marineswink  baby girl

Bellalicious

Bella Grace- Because we knew she would be beautiful (bella). Grace ( grace of God)....and Bella flows with our last name which is pronounced PER-AIR-UH

Avabliss
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Avalon Grier: Avalon is where King Arthur went when he died.  I wanted a literary name but DH said Lavinia was too tragic.  Grier is the only female name that has the same meaning as my father did. 

Momma to Avalon Grier.  <3
Hopeless living, loving and laughing.
We are your typical hard working, punk rock listening,
vergetarian eating, rule breaking, world loving,  
art creating, ever changing, always loving family.

Sarah246
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Alexis Michelle- I loved the name Alexis, and Michelle is for my best friend who died in a car accident when we were in high school.

James Alan- James is the name of my late father in law, and Alan is my father's middle name.

MommyMetz2
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Quoting Avabliss:

Avalon Grier: Avalon is where King Arthur went when he died.  I wanted a literary name but DH said Lavinia was too tragic.  Grier is the only female name that has the same meaning as my father did. 

That is a very pretty name! It sounds so romantic!

supermomofgirls

Elizabeth Hannah: I always loved the name elizabeth growing up and it so happened its my husbands grandmothers name. Hannah is just a really pretty name and it fits nice with Elizabeth.

Emily Faith: Well her name I wchose was emily lynn but ended up Emily faith because my husbands best friend faith passed away just before my emily was born and he wanted emilys middle name to be faith after his best friend.

Daniel Ray: this is an easy one I am the old fashion type and believe all first born males should be named after there father. So my son is named after his father and grandfather.

angieluvsolivia

OLIVIA ANN- Olivia is after my great grandmother (90 years young!) Olive and Ann is for my      DH's mom

DEVIN MICHAEL-Devin is the only name my DH and I could agree on and Michael is a family name on both sides

Devin should be coming any day now!!

two4one
by on Nov. 20, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Knew a little gilr at the camp I work at years ago named Peyton. fell in love with the name. Mackenzie was a name suggested by my brothers ex-girlfried. I thought it was adorable Plus both names weren't on the top 100 list so I figured they wouldn't have other kids  in their class with the same name.

Mom of twins

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)